1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bank of America to Charge for Debit Cards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K LoLo, Sep 29, 2011.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't wait for countries to get together and default en masse and sink all these banks...

Thomas Jefferson was right all along....the banks have gotten too powerful.....

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I've resisted changing banks because of the hassle of having to move all my bill-pay accounts/direct deposit etc., but I'm starting to seriously consider switching to a credit union now.

Even though I use my credit card for everything now, this is still a very bad sign.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Really? You can't wait for the world's economic system to fail?

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This is the last straw for me - I've been with BOA since they were Nations Bank, but enough is enough with all the ways they've found to sneak dollars out of my pocket. I'm going to switch everything over to USAA by the end of the year.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I was thinking it is time to change as well.

I just can't get around them getting to use my money for free (no interest earned on my checking account). And they charge me for it. :mad:

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Every bank will do it. Absurd fee. They are going to charge you money to use your own money. What kind of logic is that?

I rarely use my debit cards nowadays anyways (just cash it out at ATM) b/c of frauds several times.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Thats why I keep my money in the attic of my house...No one but the squirrels will bother to look there... Seriously though, alot of companies are going to ACE ... I know all people with direct deposit at my job , had to open an account for ACE to get it.... Our HR rep said alot of companies are switching over to ACE because of this reason of greed by banks..

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you haven't already, go join a credit union.

Be part of the rebellion, not part of the empire.

(I'm racking my brain but I can't come up with any clever Star Wars tie-ins, feel free to help a brother out...)

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's no moon.

you're welcome.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously...:rolleyes:

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I'm pretty happy with Amegy Bank, and the fact that I can withdraw money from any ATM , and they will waive both fee's involved.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So I was going to be in your neighborhood and thought I'd stop by. What was your address again?

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Looks like I'll finally have a reason to switch to a smaller bank or credit union. I've never had a problem with their service and have liked their online banking, but never really cared for them from a corporate standpoint.

15. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I'm with Wells, and as of last month I am now being charged $5 a month just to have an account with them. There's a way out of it if you keep your account balance above a certain amount, which is several several thousand. But why would I keep thousands of dollars sitting in an account that accrues zero interest?

16. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

At first I was outraged, and then I read the article.

The change doesn't affect me.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i guess i could just avoid purchases, since i've been with them for at least a decade and like their services. It helps to have several atm locations...however, i know im going to lose loos change by using more cash and i'm thinking that change will at least equal $5 a month.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

BOA is similar to this IIRC, but I think it's only about $1000. And if you have a direct deposit setup to go to the account, the charge is waived.

How do you lose loose change? Put it in your pocked, and once a day empty your pockets and put the change in a jar or something. Then, when you accumulate a lot take it to a Coinstar and get a gift card (they have Amazon which will buy you just about anything) with it.

19. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I could be wrong on the amount but I know it's well over $1,000, I'm thinking $5,000. Also get it waived if I have direct deposit, but the company I work for doesn't do that, so that doesn't help me.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I generally dont like carrying anything in my pockets. I have my DL and debit card in a money clip and thats about it. Cell phone when necessary...change usually finds a way to slip out when i sit down. And there's also those moments when I'm in a rush and tell them to keep the change, so that's a way to "lose" it also. A debit card just makes it a lot easier.

However, ive already been trying to save more of my loose change and taking it to a Coinstar every few weeks, but i'm still sure i'm losing a couple bucks a month.