1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CNN] Union: Pistol-whipped detective didn't shoot attacker because of headlines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GlenDice, Aug 13, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Your comments are not only bigoted but they verge on racist. You are lumping all black people into a group as if they all think and feel the exact same way on everything. Blaming all black people on the actions of a few? that's racist. Not only that but you are assuming that because the people protesting want bad police officers to be punished when they do something bad that they hate all police officers. Life is not black or white it's not either or. There are complicated situations that happen everyday because they involve people with their own separate thoughts, opinions, feelings and wants regardless of how much melanin they have in their skin.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wait, you and BLM are blaming all police officers for the mistakes of a relatively few police officers. How is that different?

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When did I blame all police officers? I don't represent BLM but as far as I can see (And this is common sense.) they are mad about what they deem is systemic racism and the incidents that led to needless death. I don't recall anyone officially blaming ALL police for anything. Some of the best people I know are NY State troopers. You cannot assume that just because they are protesting the actions of some police officers that they believe all officers to be evil. As someone stated before this wasn't just about the Darren Wilson case Ferguson has had a history of problems in how the police deal with citizens.

Expecting someone to do their job properly is not an unreasonable expectation. I can't believe this has to be explained to you, are you a teenager? Do you always think in such generalized terms. You think because it's called BLM that all black people support it? lol. You think because black people are marching in Ferguson that all black people in Ferguson even care? You think the riots in Baltimore are how all black people react? You think every black person supported the actions of mostly teenagers in that situation? That's like assuming that all white people are white supremacists because the KKK and the skins heads decided they wanted to march today. This is exactly the sort of thing people are mad about, basically being thrown into a group because of their skin color and judged by that alone without being given the benefit of doubt that hey maybe they don't all think alike simply because they are the same skin color.

1 person likes this.
  4. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

BobbytheGreat, I applaud you patience and professionalism, in the the face of extreme asshattery.

Some of you are so confused..... I feel sorry for some of you, namely SF3. It's sad that you live in such utopia, where Hollywood has taken over your perception of reality, that you still think Darren Wilson should have locked himself inside of his patrol vehicle and sucked his thumb until backup arrived. I can be terminated for being an incompetent coward, which is what some of you want our police officers to be. Lots of officers get hurt and killed because they didn't resort to the reasonable amount of force quickly enough. If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

1 person likes this.
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is the type of thinking that gets people killed including cops. You're right this isn't Hollywood. There is nothing cowardly about waiting for backup. He's not Charles Bronson, this isn't Taken. If the choices are gun an unarmed kid down or wait for backup, I'm waiting for backup. Darren Wilson chose not to wear a stun gun that day and he chose not to wait for backup and now he's not a cop. BTW Everything that I suggested would have Wilson still in his job and Brown still alive. Pretty sure if Wilson was being honest he would tell you he wished he had his stun gun that day.

6. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

The moment someone runs at a guy with the gun and assaults him, anything less than handling the situation is going to get you hurt, or a partner hurt. And anyone that charges a cop and assaults him, HAS PLACED NO VALUE ON HIS OWN LIFE. Wilson, or any other officer, doesn't have to figure out a way to make sure some oxygen thief POS needs to stay alive. Brown put himself in a bad situation. I get it, you can't handle the fact Wilson was cleared by everyone who examined the case, and that's sad your flawed liberal mind can't accept some things. I guess you would have sat there like a b**** and got your ass whooped.

I don't want to work with someone who won't handle business. I don't want to get hurt because I'm working with an incompetent b****. Simply running away back to your vehicle, and hiding behind a locked door is not the answer. It will never be the answer. It you get you in trouble in more ways than one. Obama's son look-alike may hurt you, and/or you will be looking for a new job if you can't handle business. How dare you try to blame Officer Wilson for ANYTHING that happened on the day.

7. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

BTW, unarmed people are not un-dangerous. A taser is for someone resisting and uncooperative, not for someone that's coming at you with angry fists. But I wouldn't expect a keyboard commando to know the difference.

That's what taser has recently recommended actually. Used to, we could tase someone who wasn't cooperating. Now they have to at least be actively resisting.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said anything about being mad that Wilson was cleared. Your entire post is irrational at best. U.S. Police officers are not trained the way they should be, they need longer training before having to deal with the public while having a gun. They also have piss poor fit standards. The goal is not to gun down unarmed citizens, the goal is to deescalate. He could've followed him in his car and waited for backup. Wilson didn't do his job properly it's why he's no longer a cop. It's ironic that you would say this isn't Hollywood and then totally give what sounds like a bad plot from some sort of cop show as your reasoning why gunning Brown down was the best course of action in this case. It's also ironic that you say you are sad for me when you sound very bitter and hateful I'm guessing I touched a nerve? Don't cry dude, it'll be OK.

9. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

The goal is to go home alive at the end of the shift, not to try and reason with an angry man. You charge at me, and hit me, ALL negotiations are off. The DA's office, FBI, DOJ et al. agree with that.

When someone is coming at me, like Brown to toward Wilson, I'm going to take control of the situation and handle it.

Also, Wilson quit on his own. That's why he's no longer an officer there. You're in the minority on this issue, so just quit. You can't handle the fact that a black without a gun wasjustifiably killed for a series of his own poor decisions, which don't even seem to matter to blacks.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No they agree that he shouldn't be charged for murder (Something I agree with) not that he did the correct thing as a cop which is why he is no longer a cop. Brown made poor decisions there is no doubt about that, black or not poor decisions don't always need to result in death, it was unnecessary.

11. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

He would still be working for Ferguson PD had he not quit.

All an officer has to do is use the reasonable amount of force. You attack me, I may shoot you. I don't have to risk my life because I'm concerned about not killing the guy punching me.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he'd probably be dead by now given the lynch mob mentality of so many in that area. They never cared if he was guilty or not, they just wanted to string him up.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not sure how you are not proving my point. "I may shoot you" yes but he didn't have to shoot him. Darren Wilson is not a cop right now because he made the wrong choices if Wilson did not make the choices he made, the kid would be alive and he would be a cop who nobody knew by this fact alone means I am correct. Anyone can dispute whether or not the proper evidence was brought before the grand jury for him to be indicted that I don't know and that's not what I'm arguing. I'm saying you use the force necessary and he used force that he did not have to use. Should he be labeled a murderer? no but there are other ways to deal with these situations other than shoot to kill that should not be the go to move. When you become a cop you put your life in danger if you are not willing to accept that danger then don't be a cop.

14. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You're a delusional, liberal r****d. I'm done talking to you.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's probably a good decision. Some people just aren't worth it.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Technically I'm not liberal. I'm pro life with the exception of rape and incest. I don't really believe we should call gay marriage, gay marriage but I think they should have the same rights as married people. I don't believe in amnesty but it's not feasible to deport all of them and raise a wall. I'm more of a centrist like the majority of the country. We can agree to disagree on this subject.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always thought the whole incident in ferguson wasn't the best example of police using excessive force. Wilson shouldn't have been fired from his job in my opinion. I don't think he was racist and I don't think he was a bad cop based on what I have read and seen.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't fired.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He wasn't fired but let's be real he would never have been able to return in the same role he had, he made that impossible. More than likely he was faced with a desk job and decided to quit. It was excessive because Brown was not on him he was quite a distance a way. There was no need to shoot him. Could he do so legally? Yes that was never my argument. Cops can do a lot of things legally that they don't need to.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ba...cast-blasts-cops-prosecutor-corrupt-criminal/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TqdELWPWwPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a former Baltimore cop talking about Fergusion and basically saying what I was saying that the laws are ****ed up. Yes legally it was justifiable but he didn't have to shoot him. The law and the way police are trained is totally not what it should be in America. If you listen to the entire video you will see him say that he had chances where he could have legally shot someone but he chose not to. Below is the full video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ndg-JGmYryA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>