1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Miguel white knighting his hero yet again. Maybe of you had grown up with a positive male role model in your life you wouldn't have turned out like this.

For the record, I never made a account on the Lakers the hornets site. I don't care about other teams. I can laugh at Lin's idiot fan base just fine here.

Run along now little fella and wipe your tears in your Lin snuggie

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I dont think youd want to do that. some of those LOFs ips would probably match up with those who have harsh opinions of Lin. I think there's an incredibly sad game being played by some posters who are in desparate need of attention and they are using the whole Lin thing as a vehicle to satisfy their inner troll.

1 person likes this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As someone who's parents are from Taiwan, I find this a very douchey post.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a donald trump comment yo.
    It's a joke.

Jeremy lin fans live in those places.

I enjoy both states and I'm sure Taiwan is a great place.

Doesn't mean there are no skunks on the road.

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ReI6gvzVP0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I already knew that much. I was seriously interested in how the Hornets coaching staff are planning to use him, and what fans of that site outside of the sub-forum (which was an excellent idea by the guy) thought about how the Hornets should use him. No more, no less.

7. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

why are you surprised a lin fan would say something like that? Isn't that what Lin fans are known?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Beautiful song

9. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Re-factored that for ya.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin only fans are dirt and dirt exists everywhere

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Their coaching staff has pretty much said that they want him to run the second unit and at times he will be played alongside Kemba if they want to go small. Sounds familiar?

Cannot speak for the Hornets fans (bless them), but I am going to guess it would be the same as a fan of any team when a new player joins their team: emphasize on the positives, try to ignore the negatives, and believe it will work out. We have been there. Lakers fans have been there.

Jeremy Lin isnt really much different than when he came to the Rockets. He can give you a few good games but he still has bad handles, he still makes bad decisions with the ball, he still has only one gear, and he is still wildly inconsistent.

The biggest difference is that Hornets can afford to live with his mistakes much more than the Rockets ever could. Its a weak team in Eastern Conference with no expectations and the player ahead of Jeremy Lin is going to be Kemba Walker, a guy who himself is a pretty questionable player.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I saw the jeremy lin mo williams incident with a taiwanese american rocket fan, he said these words
    "Jeremy Lin sucks"
    It's the universal conclusion by rockets fans all over the planet.

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This sums it up nicely.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I really just can't fathom how dumb Lin is as a player.

He just doesn't understand how to be effective off the ball.

And he wonders why coaches "don't like him"

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You should know how to use your marginal, back up point guard. Like meeeeeeeeeee pleaaaaaase coach!

This guy is just hilarious.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Zboy. Very nice summation. :)-

17. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

And here is an example of that. Here is an example of Lin's low basketball IQ in display.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Edv-hKHxImU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look at Lin missing Wesley Johnson wide open in the corner. Johnson was 3 for 3 from three point land that night. Lin gets bailed out by Nick Young's crazy low percentage three. Then you see Kobe pissed off Lin not making the right play. Of course, LOFs will miss the point of this and will say Jeremy helped with that assist to Swaggy P and won the game for the Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's pretty obvious Lin was blinded by his Linsanity stretch in New York. No coach is going to dedicate their offense to catering to "how Lin wants to play" and it's never about coaches "liking" Lin.

19. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

20. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Kobe should've punched his face instead of slapping his head for having a low basketball IQ.