1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela To Work With Dirk's Shooting Coach This Summer In Germany

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nejyh, Jun 5, 2015.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would be pissed if we traded him. But if we were to trade him I'm sure Morey would get the best out of the trade. He's definitely a great asset.

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Get out of here, Rudy.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rudy Gobert is working on his mid-range shooting &amp; plans to spend time with Nowitzki's coach in Germany: <a href="http://t.co/z4n0eenBE3">http://t.co/z4n0eenBE3</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Falk (@tribjazz) <a href="https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/607692281873719296">June 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Gobert with a usable jumpshot would be hella scary.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

He was 61% from the field in the DLeague (7.3 MADE buckets per contest) - seems to be fine finishing around the rim. Perhaps your eye test failed?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Besides the numbers, maybe he's talking about Capela's ability to convert layups and hooks etc? The 61 fg% came from a lot of dunks and extremely close shots vs. smaller defenders imo.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly. It's obvious that the doctor is unaware of this.

7. SemisolidSnake

Dear Daryl Morey,

Hire Dirk's shooting coach and bring him to Houston. Dirk already knows how to shoot. We could use a German barking commands at our players on how to shoot better. Especially the one who taught the best shooting big man of all time.

(Bonus points of doing this: thumb in the eye to Mark Cuban)

8. rurban

rurban Member

I don't get it. Yes, Holger Geschwinder is a legend, maybe even more than Dirk himself. Unfortunately he is dead.

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

10. dram1

dram1 Member

I just like players with "bert" pronounced "bear" in their names ala Bobby Hebert...maybe the ex Saints QB is the reason...he was one cool mofo!:cool:

11. rurban

rurban Member

At least I thought so reading it somewhere in some German news. But apparently not, cannot confirm it. Excellent.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Capela is the player we should all be most excited about. He can guard every position in spurts. When i saw him defending against Curry, i knew we had a special player.
    It would be great if he had a decent mid-range shot.

13. dragician

dragician Member

CApella will be the second bst flopper next year.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the alley oops are going to be fun to watch. this team if kept together has to be pointing up with all of the youth.

15. do work son

do work son Member

i don't really think he needs to be a great shooter by any means, but adding a 10 footer to his game would be amazing. a lot of times on pick and rolls defenders are just going to crash the paint so he can't go above the rim for the oop. it would be nice if he could roll to about 10 feet and hit a jumper. similar to DMo's little hook shots on rolls he catches underneath the free throw line

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Clint is going to be a force, jumper or not. He had a PER of 21.8 in the playoffs, shooting 68% from the field. He played great defense on the perimeter, keeping the MVP in front of him and forcing two contested jumpers. His court awareness is far beyond where it should be at this stage of development. His regular season may not have been great, but he was far better after coming back from the D League and he only played 12 regular season games vs 17 playoff games, so hopefully the latter is more indicative of his potential.

If Capela bulks up and learns to hit free throws we'll probably have the best center rotation in the entire league.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

The thing that I loved about Capela last season is that he knew what he was good at and he stuck with it. He set good screens, rolled hard to the basket and got in position for offensive rebounds and putbacks. Of course I wouldn't mind him working on an aspect of his game to get better, but I hope that it doesn't mean he is going to start doing things outside of his strengths.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

More time bulking. More time with Hakeem. More time with McHale. More time practicing against Dwight and D-Mo. Bright future for Capela and I think signing Chuck Hayes is indicative of the faith the organization must have as a solid backup 5 this coming season.

19. beardnation

beardnation Member

Compared to that of Marc Gasol and Brandon Wright, that seems a stretch. However, I am looking forward to his Capela's development this season after his solid playoff performances at the age of 21.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His job interview should be to improve any aspect of Chuck Hayes' FT form within 45 minutes of working with him. I mean, any aspect.