1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you replace Les Alexander with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 21, 2015.

?

I'd replace Les with

1. Peter Holt, San Antonio Spurs

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. Micky Arison, Miami Heat

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Joe Lacob, Golden State Warriors

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All players would have semi nude pics of hers in their lockers :cool:

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Not that he is irreplaceable. Just that I, honestly, don't think that the owner of a team makes much difference. The GM is much more important. And we have Morey for our GM.

What would you want from an owner? A guy that is respectable- Alexander has seemed to be that for all that I know. And a guy that is willing to spend money over and above the cap to pay for a contender. Alexander gets some bad rep because he hasn't done that, but we also didn't have a contender. With the Lawson trade pushing us right up to the hard cap, we are seeing Alexander willing to do that.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're immortal .
    99 til infinity

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

On your last point, that is something that the Mavs do that I like. They show their Friday night games on TXA21, which is basically like the KUBE. Everyone in the DFW market gets to watch. Still would rather have Les because that means you have Morey.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

oh you're not even from Texas so you wouldn't care if Les threatened to move the team, you know it was a fact right? Les did send his people to Kentucky

maybe you don't know that part

here read it
    http://lubbockonline.com/stories/051400/pro_051400097.shtml#.Va87z-KUzGc

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Semi nonsense. So you think Sonics fans would follow OKC's team just because Durant is playing there?

They cared about the team that was situated in Seattle and was called the Sonics.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

once again the big reading comprehension failure that is you appears

yeah, one owner threatened to move the Rockets, guess which one?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet again there is no reading comprehension failure at hand.

You just do not care about fans that joined after 99 and international fans. They are the majority and that is a fact.

Try rename the Rockets to THE HOUSTON COUGARS, and watch how global fans would react.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

Is he back in the good graces of the public eye after making 3rd round and being the best Rocket?

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Owners basically come down to 3 things

How much money will i spend?
    Who do i hire to run the front office?
    How much freedom do i give the front office?

On how much money, Les is probably about a 7
    On front office, with Carroll Dawson it was a 3, with Morey it's about a 9
    How much freedom? post Lin a 10, pre that, probably about 8.

Holt for example is probably about 5, 10 and 10
    Cuban would be say 10, 6, 3

#51 Aleron, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  12. malakas

malakas Member

The owner makes a HUGE difference. HUGE.
    The fish stinks from the head as we say here.
    Look at the Kings or the Nuggets. The Bucks previous owner, 76ers owners, Hornets owner. Now the Pelicans owner (a senile old man). The Nets owner. The Bulls owner the Suns owner. The most despicable of all : the Clippers former owner, the Knicks owner and the Seattle(OKC) owner who sabotaged his own team to force it to move.
    Owners who meddle (MJ, Vivek, Dolan, Prokorov), who demand a win now- treadmill team to sell some tickets or override their scouts to make their own picks :rolleyes: in the case of the 6ers owners, owner who has decided to spend as less money as possible in a ponzi scheme to sell hope to fans for 7 years.
    The Orlando owner chose the coach just this season because he is his friend (Skiles). The Nuggets owner, decided to not extend the GM (Uijiri who was one of the BEST) because he thought it was "ingratitude" to ask for a raise and the coach (Karl) and it's a miracle he decided to fire Shaw because he's so cheap he never wants to pay people who don't work for him.
    The Bulls owner is CHEAP even though he makes some of the biggest money and has left a GM and president in place who are narcissistic idiots.

Trust me the owner counts, and because he can't replaced like a GM it's the biggest difference between franchises.

Les is a great owner because almost all the time he lets Morrey do his job and doesn't meddle.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

There r too many stupid dudes always discuss stupid topics.
    Don't understand why u guys have so much spare time

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope to find a new sig when the season starts. :grin:

15. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Haha...I'm not the only one that feels Tinman have some seriuos issues....

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who wants to replace Les Alexander in the first place? This thread is pretty lame, tinman. Go back to being funny.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is the only correct answer.

I would replace Les with myself. Then I could eat lunch at the same table as dwert and haren. Then I could go partying with haren. I'd also be rich.

18. jessestephens

jessestephens Member

You know why there is no option for "I wouldn't replace Les"?
    It's because the OP knew that would be the most popular response, so he intentionally excluded it. That alone makes this thread r****ded.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Somebody willing to spend money and stay out of basketball related decisions.

So I vote Paul Allen

20. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Since we're playing this game might as well bring in some heavy hitters. Let's see Walter White, Neo, Thanos, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Amadeus Cho, Bruce Banner, Elsa or Anna, Baymax, Caesar from Rise of the Planet of the Apes, HAL 9000, IBM's Watson, TARS, Sherlock Holmes, Kraang, Optimus Prime, Galadriel, Doctor Who, Captain Picard, Emporer Palpatine, Merida, and Anger from Inside Out.