1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Underrated/Surprise team of next year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketFire, Jul 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Who is your most underrated/surprise team of 2015-2016 season? It could be from east or west?

My pick:

Sacramento Kings

If Rondo becomes the old Rondo (which he can bc he will have ball and they will rely on him to make plays where he excels.

Rondo/Collison
    McLemore/Marco Belinelli
    Rudy Gay/ Caron Butler
    Willie Cauley stein
    Cousins/Koufas

They are 2 deep at PG, SG, and C.
    I like the mix, and if they can get a PF than they will be good.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Orlando. I love that team's youth and potential. They have a chance to be the basketball version of this year's Astros. Too young to know better when everyone is telling them that they're too young to win.

Any sneaky good teams in the West will be mercilessly crushed by the juggernauts at the top. They'll have no chance. It will be like a QB getting drafted by Cleveland or Tennessee: crippling for their career development.

3. TheresTheDagger

Utah.

They had a VERY strong 2nd half and Gobert has made giant strides especially defensively. Plus, every young guy they have (Exum, Burke, Gobert, Favors) is a year more developed. Lastly, I think Quinn Snyder is a very underrated coach. I could see that team competing for the 8th slot in the West.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Milwaukee. My bold prediction is that they'll be one of the top three seeds in the EC.

Giannis has a breakout year this year, and Monroe is the stability they needed in a big man, ever since Sanders took his ball and went home. MCW develops further under Kidd's guidance and Middleton shows that he's top 5 in offense @ the SG position.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think Utah might actually make the playoffs

GS
    SA
    HOU
    OKC
    LAC
    MEM
    NO
    UTA

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I love Bucks players. If these guys get confidence that they are good than watch out Leastern Conference. Top 5 in East.

7. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Sacramento will continue to be about 10th in the conference. I like their talent but I don't trust the organization AT ALL.

I think Milwaukee will win 50+ games next year, maybe even 55+ in a weak east.
    MCW/Ennis
    Middleton/Mayo
    Giannis/
    Parker/
    Monroe/Henson

They are HUGE on the perimeter. I can see their half-court defense being insane even without a traditional rim-protector.

I predict Utah will sneak into the playoffs out west. With even just a little bit of improved PG play they can make some noise. Their defense went to another level after they started playing Rudy Gobert.
    Exum/Burke
    Burcs/Ingls
    Heyward
    Favors/Booker
    Gobert

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Thoughts on Minnesota?

9. showa13

showa13 Member

After Cleveland the east is wide open imo. I think Chicago, Atlanta, and Miami will be in the mix in the east near the top, but like a few have said Milwaukee has set themselves up to be a top tier team in the east for the next few years. Their length is ridiculous. Their starting lineup will be by far the tallest and longest in the league, and they have the potential to be a force on defense. I think they're a shade better than Miami and will have HCA during the playoffs. In the west Utah has a lot of great young pieces, and the last 2-3 spots in the west are up for grabs. Booker and Gobert has a lot of potential(I think favors gets moved for more wing help eventually) and they're gonna give a lot of teams fits this year. I can see Phoenix surprising a few, and I think a lot of people have forgotten about Indy(Miles Turner looked great in summer league)

10. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Their best players are too young, and their veterans can't carry their team through western conference schedule and playoffs. They won't be an automatic W for teams anymore and might be like Jazz of last year. Come to think there aren't many automatic easy W's in West, even Lakers have improved somewhat.:grin:

11. xaos

xaos Member

People have mentioned it, but Orlando and the Bucks. But, since they have been mentioned, ...

Knicks. Lulz, jk. Lakers... jk there too. This is fun.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Agree. I think the Bucks become very good. U forgot to mention Jabari Parker returns.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think Utah makes the playoffs in the west this year.

I think Milwaukee cancan get to pretender status this year.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Hate to say it but Lakers are underrated. Not saying they make the playoffs. But if Kobe is healthy and Hibbert goes back to his all-star form and if Russell and Randle pan out, they could surprise people. It's a lot of ifs though.

15. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Utah is definitely underrated, but their win total won't reflect their true talent because they play in the West.

I could see Orlando getting into the playoffs. Milwaukee will do well and will be a lot of fun to watch. Washington could overtake the Hawks as the number two team in the East.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dallas..

Just kidding:)

NOP with their new coach remind me of GS last year. Not that they win a ring. But they could jump a few spot all way to the 4th-5th

18. apugh832

apugh832 Member

Coach Q

The Utah Jazz will definitely be a top 8 team in the west, wouldn't surprise me if they made the jump all the way to #6. They have a solidly deep roster and ELITE rim protection. Nothing proven but Snyder is going to have those guys ready to play EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I can't even call them a sleeper, I have them pegged in.

19. Platinumplaq

Platinumplaq Member

Milwaukee because they actually have cool unis now. Minnesota could contend, though they've underachieved with talent before. Utah can be a huge mismatch for some teams, including the Rockets last year (aside from the last game of the season). Orlando can easily step up in the East. And of course the Lakers... Jk

20. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Milwaukee,sacramento,orlando,