1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Great move by the Rockets. Knew they had the guts to make it.

This is definitely hit or miss but with how staked the West is we need to take these kind of risks. Wish Lawson nothing but the best and hopefully he doesn't distract Harden too much ahah.

We might have another all-star caliber player on the roster.

Curious as to whether he will star or not, I think best would be coming off the bench.

2. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The 2015 AWARD OF MAGIC goes to....<a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a>

The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> couldn't acquire ME for those players &amp; they got <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lawson?src=hash">#Lawson</a> <a href="http://t.co/trYPICeDF6">pic.twitter.com/trYPICeDF6</a></p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/622968574215192576">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="tl" dir="ltr">Plyr A:36mpg, 17.6ppg, 10apg, 44.5% FG, 30% 3ptFG, 3.8 to/pg
    Plyr B:36mpg, 15.2ppg, 9.6 apg, 43.6% FG, 34% 3ptFG, 2.5 to/pg
    A:Wall
    B:Lawson</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/622996013750583300">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Bruh, if you weren't playing with the Rockets on 2k when Kyle Lowry, Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, and Chase Budinger were the best players, then you aren't a true fan.

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

:eek::eek:

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It seems like he's almost certainly an alcoholic. He is in rehab (albeit court ordered rehab).

Thing is, this is the 3rd or 4th DUI. And these are just the times that we know he was caught. If someone doesn't change their behavior after getting caught the first time, or the second time, then they clearly have some kind of drinking problem.

It sounds weird to say, but I really feel like I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming he's an alcoholic. Because otherwise, he's just a major ******* and a dumbass. If you know you're going to make incredibly stupid, destructive decisions when drunk (*and* you live in a state with legalized recreational weed), and that doesn't stop you from drinking...

Of course, if he IS just an *******, you're right that it'd theoretically be easier to treat. But again, this is the 3rd or 4th time he's gotten caught.

6. kevtse

kevtse Member

Yes! I have been praying not to get Rubio in the past weeks!

Harden can finally stand at corners and get some open looks!

7. malakas

malakas Member

YES!!!! Thats the best news to wake up to!!!
    :D

8. J Hard

J Hard Member

YES! YES! YES! YES! (repeat)

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, I don't think it is the best offensively or the worst defensively. The Warriors backcourt is still the best, they move so well and really do just about everything well together. Defensively Curry is bad but KT is above average and they can hide Curry well.

The preference is to but a strong on the ball defender next to Harden with size. However Lawson historically hasn't been terrible (except last year) as a defender, just mediocre. The Rockets will also be able to run Ariza defensively against some shooting guards and Beverley will be getting 20-25 minutes a night between point and shooting guard. This shouldn't be a repeat of Lin/Harden/Parson that destroyed us defensively.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Wastn't someone who said we wouldn't want Lawson???:grin:

We have one of the most complete teams now. :)

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

People with substance abuse cannot beat their addictions until he/she hits bottom. Hopefully for Lawson, the mandatory 30 days at a rehab will be his bottom. After the rehab, he will need a lot of support from family, friends and his new teammates. He can do it, but he must want to get better.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Lawson an alcoholic or....

a basketballholic?

2 people like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Popovich has admitted numerous times that what kills the Spurs backcourt is speed. He can only game plan so many different ways to limit the speed of a club.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

That twelve guys who voted NO for this trade with THAT package probably are Mavs fans on this board all the way

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Seriously, I feel like this trade rivals the one for Harden as Morey's best.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Holt ****! What did I just wake up to, wow, Morey just wow. [​IMG]

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Didn't expect this, but great trade!

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member