1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Anybody monitor Denver's message boards? Any idea what their sentiments are?

2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Listen most players drink alcohol when they step out to clubs. He obviously seems like the type that is out n about (Harden as well) - He just made dumb decisions for driving. He sounded completely fine on the TMZ video b4 his arrest.

He just has to make better decisions and get ppl to drive him. I do not think the alcohol thing is a big issue. The guy has this attitude on the court. He doesn't like to lose. I love that.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Funny thing that they were trying to trade him to the Kings for their first rounder earlier

4. frontline94

frontline94 Member

I just imagine harden having to play 30-35 min a game because a lawson / bev combo would be lethal in its own right

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

$12.4M this year, $13.2M next year.

6. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

No major parts moved! Morey Needs to be arrested, DAS A MURDA #InMoreyweTrust

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

My goodness! This deal is highway robbery!

8. rullrich

rullrich Member

Makes this feel like a sign...glad we got him this team is going to be competitive with the rest of the west...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3YK_YxOZvYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Garner

Garner Member

#InMoreyWeTrust

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Great freaking news!!

We needed playmaking, Morey gets a top 5 assist guy.

11. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

any chance we could convince lawson to come off the bench? feel like that would work better in terms of fit, and allow the 2nd unit to really really run.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Doesn't matter is Lawson starts or not.... Now in every single competitive game you will have a legitimate playmaker on the court.... When the game is close and Harden needs a few minutes, Lawson stays in and Beverley comes in.... When Lawson needs a few minutes, Harden stays in and Beverley replaces Lawson.... Ariza needs a few? Run Brewer and Lawson and Jones and Capela.

The club still has weaknesses, and we don't know if Lawson stays clean.... But this was an excellent buy low opportunity. Feigen was lying out his mouth when he said Lawson isn't a good fit... He is nearly a perfect fit offensively, he can run and penetrate, doesn't turn the ball over and is a very good open shooter. Defensively he was pretty bad last year and he is small, but in the past he has been adequate and has done well against smallish guys like Parker, Paul and even Curry.

1 person likes this.
  13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL I'm crying

14. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Man come home from hospital, Astros whooped up on Rangers, Rockets get Lawson... man today's been a good day!!!

Excuse me while I channel my inner Carlton.

Ok... done.

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Does this mean we are out of the KD sweepstakes next year?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jones is still with us. Wood is partially guaranteed, and likely will be waived.
    Terrence is much better than Wood. I am sorry you mentioned Jones, and I didn't read that.

17. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

First of all I truly hope Woj is correct. What worries me is that
    I tried running this trade through ESPN's trade machine. It failed due to the Rockets receiving mover than 125% back in salaries plus $100K:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q2bztgr

We're only trading out $8.39M in salaries, and receiving $12.40 back.
    What's the story here cap experts? Is this trade possible as currently structured?

The following tweet also worries be a bit on the final structure of this deal:

Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 29m29 minutes ago
    Not saying he is in the deal but Sam Dekker is eligible to be traded. Has not signed his rookie contract yet.

#257 PolarBear, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just to be clear, the Rockets pick to Denver is lottery protected in 2016. The Denver second rounder to the Rockets in '17 not protected.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/622946161955991552">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. PointZero

PointZero Member

That's it. Not bad.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then why are so suprised? Rox were in the running months ago....only with Lakers and another team as rivals in this

They also signed McDaniels btw