1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many wins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cjt123, Aug 9, 2003.

1. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

I like the way you think!!!

2. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

I'm thinking 49 wins this season, which may be good enough for the 6th seed. The determining factor will be how quickly this team gels and develops an identity.

3. rvpals

rvpals Member

It's pretty realistic if we stay healthy and JVG is bringing what we think he would bring to the team. (Discpline & strategy)

4. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

I believe 49-60 wins also... thats if everyone is healthy and they get a better pg and trade moochie away... HAHA... j.k i know no one wants moochie's contracts... to stupid

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Phew! WE dont need another Point Guard, Moochie is now under the control of JVG and wont be in hot water if he shows Francis just how to be the Playmaker. I expect JVG to design plays where Moochies dribbling is reduced and the ball will be moved up the Court much more quickly than in previous seasons. If all this happens and we get another strong man with potential (Bateer, Badman ) then a minimum of 49 wins and possibly 55 wins.

6. BALLhog 247 365

7. egn

egn Member

Mark my words, 60 wins would be the BIGGEST miracle EVER!!!!

Losing Posey and getting Griff (II) and Pike WILL NOT make this team 17 games better.

What a joke.

Possibly the 8th seed.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Q: How many wins?
    A: More than 10, fewer than 70.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We will lose every game because we lost our best small foward to the Grizz for the MLE. Since the Grizz got Posey and got Jesus Christ himself as their GM, they will leap frog all the borderline playoff teams and end up the 5th seed. We will end up dead last and get the #1 pick in the draft, which we will use to draft the second coming of Mirsad Turkcan. A sweet shooting 6'11" SF foward who hit 150 out of 149 three point attempts during a workout for CD and JVG.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

50 games. I am confident that Yao is going to be a 20ppg player this season. Van Gundy will make a big difference on the defensive side, and Piatkowski will provide a much needed outside threat. Adrian Griffin is a solid role player who started a lot of games for a great Dallas team. I'm positive Francis will improve under the new coach in the passing department.

I'd be even more confident if the Rockets could add just one more good role player, preferably a big man.

11. farhan007

farhan007 Member

12. farhan007

farhan007 Member

if i remember our record was better without Posey last season. And our team isnt revolved around James Posey!!! Its Steve and Yao...

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

i totally Agree
    If we cannot win 7 more games than last year
    WHY THEY HELL WAS RUDY RUN?????????????
    :mad:

Rocket River

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

Because Les wanted more Yankees in the organization.

15. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

46-36.

Gotta go conservative.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

17. RocketsNLPFan

RocketsNLPFan Member