1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 15, 2015.

1. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

I dig the fight I saw in this team, even with the loss. Hope it carries over to tomorrow's game...and BEAN ODOR AT FIRST OPPORTUNITY!

2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I mistake too many from the bullpen is what cost us.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

By the way, some guy named Andrew Reed just hit his first home run in the Texas League.

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bullpen killed the team tonight. I have confidence the team will win the series with Keuchel pitching tomorrow and I'm not concerned with the Rangers moving forward, but it sucks to give games away. Bull pen help is a must along with getting a respectable hitter to play at 1b.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only one? Fisher hit 3 in his Cal League debut. Cut him!

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hinch showed me something tonight. Finally standing up for the team.

8. Remix

Remix Member

1. Odor needs to be beaned in the back. Only problem is Keuchel is on the mound tomorrow. Hopefully we're up by a significant score towards towards the end of the game so someone from the bullpen can deliver the message.

2. Something needs to happen to Fielder for shoving Hinch

3. Loved Conger standing up and telling Odor to get in the box. Then he responds to Odor's triple with a 2 run HR. Yea sit down Odor

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

bullpen has been bad for a while now

10. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

*Head

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hinch:

Hard fought game. Both teams showed life. If you wonder if games in July matter, there is emotion involved and intent to win the game. Not enough offense early on. We haven't been able to solve Lewis a couple of times now. Hard fought but they did more.

Emotions run high. About getting Odor in the box faster and all bets are off when benches clear. Everyone got shoved. The whole pile got moved. It's defending your own turf. You want to compete, a lot of yelling. He's defending his team, I'm defending mine. I've known him a long time, we're good. ... Both teams fought back afterwards. Good effort on both sides. Good to see rivalry baseball rear it's head. Our guys are invested and are in this. Unfortunately we lost but I see great signs everyday. I'm proud of this group.

Feldman battled pretty well. Unfortunate he didn't control the damage but he looked sharped early. Velocity was back. Hung it to Odor for the homer. Didn't provide him with run support.

(Address the players about the 9th?) Nothing to address. It's baseball.

More about the game, less about the incident. We had a chance to win the series tonight. We have a chance tomorrow against a team we'd like to beat in our division. We need to do better to come away with a win tonight, emotions high or low. Outs matter. We ran out of outs.

Prince has a lot of emotions and will defend his teammate. As those piles start to go, there is no common sense in those instances. He'll defend his guy, we'll defend our guys. When hands are involved and people move the pile, no one likes to move. To say it matters, one of us will win the series tomorrow. We'll try to make sure it's us.

Banister:

On field repsonse after that:

That's who we are. They want to play hard and play with emotion every night. They won't be pushed around. They have a lot of baseball left and know where they want to go.

What was happening?

It's a non-issue now. Not sure what went on. Some argument between Rougie and Conger. Trying to diffuse the situation, ... we had a conversation, that's about it. ... It woke some guys up. I like where we're at right now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Feldman, the former Ranger, said Odor has lots of veterans in Texas clubhouse to learn from. &quot;He doesn't need to act like that,&quot;</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/622604189005254656">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Conger wouldn't say what was said between he and Odor, but it disagreement stemmed from him taking too much time.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/622604288242552832">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colby Rasmus says the Astros aren't going to back down from anybody.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart ⚾️ (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/622604462746525696">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros lose 7-6. Angels can push their division lead to a season-high 1.5 games. A little early for this stuff, but there it is.</p>&mdash; Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/622598091154292736">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

#431 J.R., Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Hinch is a wuss

Prob why he got fired in his last chance

13. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Yeah. He should have stabbed someone with a shank.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He should have broken a bat over his knee and gone after Bannister and Fielder with the shards...

"I mean, C'mon Hinch....grow a pair, amiright???" :rolleyes:

15. tws011

tws011 Member

At least the Astros didn't lose again.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep, thank goodness. :confused:

17. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Exactly! If he doesn't lead the junior circuit in stabbings by August, I'll be pissed.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It appears Correa has his confidence back.

19. newAge_Rockets

Will the damn Angels ever lose again?

20. Mattician

Mattician Member

Can't wait to see who the Astros trade for by the deadline.