1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

jackiechanwtfface.jpg

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets just have to stay bigger than LA and they will be alright.

3. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Are we 100% sure this is confirmed and he's signing with them?? I feel depressed/lost and hope this is just a rumor.

I still don't get WTF is Smith thinking? He loses value joining the Clippers who now have a stacked team/bench and no clear role for them. I doubt he'll get more than 20 mins per game. If he's banking on getting paid more for with the spiked 2016 salary cap he won't be able to showcase his skills rotting on the bench.

I also don't understand why we didn't resign him? Did Morey respond to this via Twitter yet? I still don't understand how we can give the full MLE to Llull but not to Josh Smith a season veteran who used to get paid $15 mil per year? Our 2nd Play Maker. Our 2nd Best Bigs Defender. Our 2nd Best Passer. Our 2nd Best Rim Protector. The reason why we went to the West Finals.

If you told me after the season he could be had for the full MLE I would've said DONE DEAL! Especially with the new raise in the cap next year, he would be a major steal. We should've locked him up for 3-4 years @ FULL MLE being that he's only 29 years old!

4. PointZero

PointZero Member

Exactly. Griffin played for Griffin. Smith played for TEAM and Smith's TEAM won the series beating Griffin's Clippers 3 straight.

One of the best Rocket playoff comebacks EVER.

Led by the Rockets power/point forward Mr. Josh Smith.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Also, Wes Johnson plays the 3.

...sounds like someone fed JSmoove's ego just like someone fed Deandre's ego....and thats really the Clippers problem - too many egos and Doc just added a few more.

Common sense says with Blake and Chris Paul on the roster, Smith won't be ball handling as much as he was in Houston and his minutes seem limited with Blake & Jordan getting 36+ minutes a night at the big spot, and Pierce, Stephenson, and Johnson at the 3....but let's say they do decide to play small - you think Jordan is going to be happy about that? You can't promise feature roles to everyone on the roster. Doc is luring them all in, but I don't think even he can control the egos and headcases on that roster. As I said earlier - they will look unbeatable on some nights...but they will eventually implode under the weight of their own drama.

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

You know, this has to make you wonder if this has any effect on Dwight opting out of his contract with us.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not get the Game of Thrones here. If we fail to grab someone like Durant next year this and next year will be wasted.

Series of events: Dwight likely done or gone. Harden will be displeased and left by Khloe Kardashian......more strip clubs visits

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Did the Rockets even extend an offer to Smith of any sort?

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am happy to see this but is there a link or a posting that said it was done? Last I saw we were waiting on physicals.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Being the Rockes fan and all, but yall are unbelievable in saying Smith was nothing. Without Smith in G6 against the Clippers, we would have been kicked out pretty bad. Yall pumped sense of confidence owes some share to Smith.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Haha!

Dumb move by the Rockets not retaining him.

A PF rotation of Jones and Dmo = Guaranteed first round exit.

Enjoy!

12. nel00

nel00 Member

If I'm Morey I would be at Josh's house with Dwight holding him hostage "a la D. Jordan"

13. AkeemOlaDROwon

21-7 before December 26, 2014 and 44-27 after (includes playoffs). Meh I'm not so upset.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So how long before Chris Paul gets in his grill and chews him out for one of the countless boneheaded plays McHale and the Rockets quietly allowed him to make without any accountability?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey and the Rockets being cheap again.

Came back and bit them in the ass big time.

Not only did he bolt, he bolted to a RIVAL!

Not only did this move weaken us, it made Clippers even stronger. Double whammy!

Unless Rockets have a Legit PF lined up somewhere, this is a disaster.

16. ktex

ktex Member

Anyone here that is stupid enough to think that this is not a HUGE loss needs to go cheer for some other team. This is a very big deal. We don't make the WCF without JS, simple as that.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets Re-Sign Corey Brewer

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has re-signed forward Corey Brewer to a multi-year deal.

Brewer (6-9, 186, Florida) played 56 games for the Houston Rockets during the 2014-15 season averaging 11.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 25.1 minutes per game. The eighth year forward also played in all 17 games for the Rockets during the 2015 NBA Playoffs averaging 11.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 25.2 minutes per game. The University of Florida product holds career averages of 10.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.4 steals in 25.8 minutes per game over the course of 547 career appearances, including 266 starts, with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets.

Brewer was originally selected seventh overall in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was acquired by the Houston Rockets on Dec. 19, 2014 in a three team trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers.

18. PointZero

PointZero Member

Yep. Never understood the love for either one.

Morey is an effing idiot.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

First practice. :grin:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Disaster? Not even close. Yes we lose a good player but its not like we dont another pkayer waiting to take his place.