1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't really believe this at all.

2. BeardlyBeardman

He far exceeded my expectations for us last year. I knew he would go to a contender but I really did think he'd rather stay here with Dwight than make another half a mil somewhere else. I guess he thinks he has a better shot to win it all there?

We'll find out in the playoffs I guess!

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Every year Morey has made the Rockets better, that's a fact. Every year the fan base doubts him and says "This is the year Morey's luck run out."

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This sucks, but when did this board turn on T-Jones like rabid dogs? He was pretty good last year and isnt that atrocious as a backup 4.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

JSmoove played SF in Detroit and he did horrible. How's playing the starting SF on the LACs going to make him a better player? If that's the "defined" role he was looking for, then he is sadly mistaken

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But sometimes those situations don't materialize or go your way. He took advantage of the Thunder offering Harden 5 mil less than the max(and Presti being a moron). He took advantage of the Pistons cutting Josh Smith. But he also tried to capitalize on Dragic's falling out with the Suns only to find out that the dude had no interest in being here.

It's ok if we go into the season with D-Mo and Jones as our 2 main PFs and then see who becomes available during the year. But we have a major hole at PG, and a resigned Terry won't suffice. And since we now have to keep Jones because of the loss of Smith, our options are far more limited in addressing that position. Again, maybe Morey can capitalize on a situation that arises. Or we could wind up with one playmaker on our roster all season long and wind up wasting the 2015-16 season. It sounds like we're basically banking on some other team bailing us out.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Smith thinks that by having a better defined role with the Clippers, he can play his way into another huge contract when the salary cap jumps next year. Good luck with that.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Remember before Smith signed with the Clippers, when McHale said everyone on the team needed to get 5-10% better? Well, now that Smith is gone too, by my calculations everyone on the team will have to get...even more better than that.

10. DMO (DJ remix)

He did not want to play for Rockets, so screw him, we'll find better and younger, maybe Seraphin? Who knows.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Calm down, my boys and girls, the team will not have any problem. Josh can help our team, but if he want MLE, it will damage the team's next move. It's not that we cann't give much money

12. chandlerbang21

so houston loses a guy that was very important in playoffs, didnt resign terry yet, did not upgrade the PF or PG position and trying to give mcdaniels money for....???? WTF is going on!!!!

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

IM ****ING PISSED

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

If you're honest you'll also say he has also made moves that made the team worse.

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

If there's one thing that I disagree with Morey on, it's the way he disregards how players may feel while he's chasing the next star or free agent. Sometime, you gotta spend some time appreciating what you already have. Don't know what's missing till it's gone.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He didnt let him walk...Smith walked. Morey can't force him to stay. I'm not sure why people think Smith can't make up his own mind about HIS own free agency. Clearly it wasn't about money, if he turned down more from a few teams.

17. Ns575

Ns575 Member

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I am not saying that I am some bad@ss fighter, because I'm not. But I swear to you by the power of ClutchFans that if I was in the same room with Morey right now, I would fight him. I am very disappointed.......

19. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN's Calvin Watkins reports the Rockets offered Josh Smith approximately $2.5 million, but Arash Markazi reports the deal Smith signed with L.A. is for the veteran's minimum of roughly $1.5 million. 'Winning over money'

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Why??? He's very important than people thought before. SMH.