1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I predict most free agents will either opt in or opt out when given the chance

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Anyone know what Lawson likes to drink?

3. Asian Sensation

Truth.

4. basketballholic

Other teams wanted him for trash. More salary going back to Denver, bad players, bad contracts. Not assets.

I knew what Woj tweeted yesterday. Nobody was willing to trade anything of value for him BEFORE the 3rd DUI.

Are you one of the smart posters that still thinks they can trade him for expiring contracts or something????

Apparently you can't read.

Woj said few teams had interest in trading for Lawson before his 3rd DUI. I pointed that out to you yesterday...a day before Woj tweeted it.

Then he said those few teams were waiting for Denver to lower their demands. Yep, they were waiting for Denver to lower their demands from one draft pick or young player to non-guaranteed contracts and no-value players. They were waiting for Denver to lower the cost by Denver throwing in a pick.

Then Woj said...Now (meaning after the 3rd DUI) his value had cratered. You know what that means. It means it went from ZERO trade value to NEGATIVE trade value.

How stupid do you think all these teams (and Denver) are?

Now I admit some of them are stupid (including Denver and Kroenke. I've said before the owner should fire himself from the front office). But Denver is the team that has had the issues with Lawson for a while. Denver let Shaw go and hired Mike Malone. What do you think happens whenever a coach like that is let go? Shaw has a good reputation around the league. He knows guys. They know him. They talk. Do you think for one minute that Shaw hasn't told his guys what a mess the Nuggets were and what a mess Lawson is???

Do you think for one minute that Denver, in this circumstance, could possibly cover up how bad Lawson was in the locker room, etc.??? If you do, then you aren't real smart.

All the info about Lawson up until this morning had been disseminated by all the teams. Too many connections. They all knew what Lawson's condition was. Put all that together with everybody already having a point guard and more point guards coming in the league every day. Nobody was willing to give a positive asset for him.

Keep twisting Hardenway.

5. Asian Sensation

Hennessy.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Barkley used to get into bar fights. This guy just needs to get an uber and he will be ok.

1 person likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Hilarious.

You admit I was right about Parsons.

You don't think I've been right about Lawson. Good night Irene. Hilarious.

I'm ready to move on. I've spoken my peace on the Lawson situation. Spelled it out to you all multiple times. I'm moving on to the next story.

Wait and see if McDaniels signs an offer sheet. If he actually signs an offer sheet there may be a big trade in the works.

Also, we aren't trading for Markieff. Don't pay attention to all the noise and rumors. We ain't trading for him. No way. No how.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Corronos

9. malakas

malakas Member

because they get a VERY good pointguard without trading away any assets that they can use on the court and can reup his value and sell him off later.
    It's not such a weird or ground breaking strategy.
    In fact Philly is in absolute need of a pointguard that can set up their bigs. Cannaan and Wroten are not it.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or to a drunk.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Basketballholic

I respect your opinions when it comes to players a lot of times. However this instance the others are right because you didn't KNOW and you couldn't predict that Lawson would get a DUI before he could have gotten traded.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sorry auto correct *Corona*

13. cdain3

cdain3 Member

[​IMG]

14. micah1j

micah1j Member

If Lawson is waiver after a buyout I don't think anyone will claim him. He is owed 25 for 2 years. From what happened with D Will the buyout amount counts as this year salary so if he get 18 million that is 18 million that counts this year against the cap. That is not an asset. He is facing a suspension and possible jail time. No one is claiming that.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I honestly thought I'd never see the day when someone would take DaDakota's throne here on Clutchfans. I can't wait for the jopat podcast though that would undoubtedly increase the insider fees.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Improbable but not dismissible for Philly.
    Their capspace is getting devalued by the minute atm. Esp since Kings already made their trades of the season so they can't get exploited any more.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't have any opinion on your Lawson take. I have you on ignore. I don't know what you post. I only peeked at this post because I suspected it was in response to mine. I saw you quoted in crash's post so I posted to clarify the fact that you were right and he wasn't about Parsons. I did it to set the record straight. I don't care about you or your posts.

Also, congratulations on being "right" about Parsons. That didn't take inside info. All you had to do was take the front office at their word. They were vocal about their commitment to him.

#457 Batman Jones, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If you...

... you might be a redneck.

1 person likes this.
  19. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

is it true that they are considering to waive him?

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Did Smoove have dependency issues? Can't trust a guy who doesn't have self control, sorry.