1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. basketballholic

Didn't include Dallas because of the assumption that they were signing Deron. If DWill does an about face and decides to sign here instead then Dallas would be a possibility.

Looking at their roster...they could offer up Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, and Dwight Powell. Whoopeeeeee!

But it's Dallas. So maybe Denver gets their 2018 first rounder or Justin Anderson???? Doubt it.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So long as you are just sending out expendable assets like Kostas, Jones, Dorsey, and Prigioni (who will retire), you do the deal still. It comes with significant red flags, but if you don't have to give anything up, you take the risk.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

dude might just get bought out at this rate. The kpap, prigs, and jones pu pu platter is probably the best Denver is gonna get

5. malakas

malakas Member

Can the team of the NBA punish him for this DUI? And I mean leave him without payment mandatory rehab etc etc?

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I think Ty's life is in a downward spiral. He is immature and reckless. Perhaps he has severe psychological issues or suffers from an addiction.

^^^

This what u said u base a person having severe psychological issues off a DWI, Ive been working in special education with students that have emotional disorders, pysh. Issues, addictions for 5yrs. and having a drink is far from what you identify as a trait of what u stated.

Yeah TY is out spoken, likes to have fun, feeds off media, acts like a comedian, drinks smokes hookah, but you can't label him with what you STATED

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Almost seems like he is trying to damage his rep and get traded. Dude is on a downward spiral and needs a change of scenery asap.

Make the call Morey!

Lawson/Bev/Terry
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer/KJ
    Dmo/Smith
    Howard/Capela

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lock it up. Dude is a cancer

10. basketballholic

Actually I have maintained we aren't even interested in Lawson ever since posters here started talking about him. And all that was after I posted a thread about his future availability many months ago before the trade deadline.

I don't even think we'd trade trash for him. I've said multiple times the only way we trade for Lawson on his current contract is if Denver sends us enough other value-increasing assets with him so we can trade him back out of town quickly if need be.

Screeeeeech!

Boy, you sure turned on a dime and changed your tune quick.

Like I keep telling you....Lawson's trade market is basically nil.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for you to explain what happened to Jared Dudley. You told us he wasn't getting traded. Still waiting to hear an explanation for that one.

11. malakas

malakas Member

all the players like to have fun but they don't get caught. Or you think it's only an accident that he got caught with DUI TWICE in 6 months? You think the others don't drink or party?
    He's obviously not caring enough right now to cover his tracks. This indicates psychological issues in my opinion.

(btw I didn't know that DUI is so criticised in usa but now I know.)

12. malakas

malakas Member

I appreciate yoru opinions bballholic many times, however don't try to pretend now that you can tell the future and predict if a guy gets a DUI. :rolleyes:
    He could also stop acting up and not have DUI.
    Or your sources can tell the future?

I told you about Dudley. It was his wish. Now the team is after the likes of Copeland....:rolleyes:

13. basketballholic

We may find out that there is some truth to Ty "not caring" if he got caught. But that probably won't come out until much later if true. But more than "not caring" my question at this point is did he actually WANT to get caught? Did he partially arrange it?

14. malakas

malakas Member

He's a notorious party anima- before this year too.
    And when you are young, you may be able to get away with this and play in the court the next night, but when you are getting to Lawson's age then not so much.
    The guy is so immature. Even if he did it on purpose this is his answer to adversity? Is this something that someone would like from his players? Sabotaging and orchestrating a plan to get out of their responsibillities?
    So what if we get him, he doesn't play well at the beginning and he gets benched. What is he going to pull THEN?

One thing to talk to media work with your agent etc etc and another to do something like this on purpose or not to FORCE your team to let you go.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I believe this! I also believe that JPP intentionally had that fireworks accident so that the Giants would pull their franchise tender and make him an unrestricted FA.

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

With the money he's owed next year, it doesn't seem likely the Rockets trade for him. 2 DUIs in a year indicates a serious problem.

17. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I would doubt it. Harden is a loner type guy. Family and booty are his influences and weaknesses.

18. i3artow i3aller

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's time for Morey to trade for Lawson

20. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Won't be shocked to see him get bought out. And at that point, it will be very hard to save the MLE for KJ.