1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes - TV Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Remember, this is what Future Hiro said. It was his belief that Sylar was the bomb and couldn't be killed because of Claire's power. Future Hiro thought that if Claire was saved, Sylar could be killed before he exploded. Of course, this ended up being a big pile of bull since Peter ended up being the bomb.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

does anyone else think heroes didnt live up to its potential? the longer it went on, the more its weaknesses started to grate on me, to the point that now i dont consider it one of my favorite shows. i loved the show early on and gave the earlier episodes some leeway because it was brand new and i figured some of the problems (weak dialogue, way too simplistic/convenient storyline) would get better over time. they really didnt. the finale was a microcosm to me of what is wrong with the show. weak acting (with some exceptions), worse dialogue, and "inability to write a good ending" syndrome. for all the buildup throughout the season, the finale was bound to underwhelm at least a little, but this finale lacked any real excitement, and i cant believe the people behind heroes were actually satisfied with putting this out as the climax.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It didn't. Sylar had killed the cheerleader and could regenerate, which is what happened when Hiro stabbed him. Future Hiro mistakenly thought it was the regenerated Sylar that exploded and destroyed 1/2 of NYC. In other words, "Save the cheerleader, save the world" was dead wrong.

Remember future Hiro's disappointment when he found out the cheerleader was saved but the explosion still happened? Remember Sylar and Peter's conversation in the "future" episode where they discuss what really happened in the explosion? Only those two knew the truth.

The more I think about it, the more I think Heroes is going to be a one-year wonder.

4. Cannonball

Well, indirectly "Save the cheerleader . . . blah blah" WAS right. If it weren't for Claire, Nathan probably wouldn't have come back and flown Peter away thus saving NYC.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTIONS:
    1. Why did Sylar cut the people's head off? [someone intimated he ate their brains but was that confirmed?]
    2. Why in the future did sylar drop his illusion before flying away to fight Peter?

Rocket River

6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

1. That was the producers plan, but I think he said that he thought it was a "silly" idea for him to be eating people's brains.
    2. Sylar didn't drop his illusions before flying off to fight Peter. I remember him phasing through the door, grabbing Peter, and throwing him out of the room. Peter then asked: "Who are you? My brother can't phase through walls...blah blah blah."

7. Cannonball

Sylar (as Nathan) was giving a press conference or something when he flew off. I don't remember exactly the reason. Maybe it was when he found out there were two Hiros. Ever since he killed Nathan and assumed his identity, he had hid the fact that he had powers and he had a public stance against those who did have powers eventually culminating in a plan to extinguish them all through the disguise of a fake cure. But that cover kind of got blown when he flew away in front of a group of reporters.

So the question was, why did he decide to blow his cover?

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think it was because of claire and hiro being captured. The two people whose powers he doesnt have but peter does is the only thing that is stopping him from total control and domination. I think he had taken care of claire after that and then just needed to go after Hiro.

---oh yeah I havent read the comics but has the picture that isaac drew of Hiro fighting a dinosaur taken place in the comics? i know they havent shown this in an episode yet (probably s2) but that looks to be a bit interesting

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

He wasn't fighting a dinosaur. It was a picture of him in the museum where he thought the sword was.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If he kills the Hiro's, he gets time travel powers and can do whatever whenever he wants. If he doesn't kill the Hiro's, they will keep going into the past until they get it right and he is dead.

11. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I've got a question about some of these so called heroes??
    What did these people do to save the world to be called "heroes?"

Micah - Can manipulate electronics...and?
    D.L. - Can go through walls....
    Nikki - Can beat the S*it out of you

I guess the point to their plot was to eventually kill Linderman?????

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

13. Cannonball

Micah's role was to rig the election for Nathan.

Nikki did get involved in the weakass fight against Sylar and got in a good shot with a lamp post or something.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Saw this on the a DFW website and thought the slideshow was pretty cool..

Heroes Slideshow

15. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Just picked it up on HD DVD...

I'm about to watch the first episode...

Be back in a few...

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Heroes is back!

I re-watched it about a year back and it was much better binge watching it the second time around than when it was on the air and the writer's strike killed the show's progress completely.

Heroes Reborn ladies and gentlemen:
    [youtube]4FLHB2zB_cA[/youtube]

Thoughts?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Looks Good . . . .we will forget the stupid seasons

Rocket River