1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hold it dine

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

That's a lot of salary we would be shipping out...

I like Faried's game, but his inability to stretch the defense would create spacing issues.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

If we were to trade for Lawson I'd like to bring him off the bench as the 6th man. Would be a perfect fit in that regard, not so much as a starter.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Ty Lawson one of the best PGs in the league isn't going to come off the bench

5. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

I don't care if it's Lawson, plz give us a good PG

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chauncey Billups: Ty Lawson is not a leader and should be traded

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

just beautiful! that line is sick yo

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Just.......why in the world would Denver do that? He is an above average player at that position and under control for the next two years at a decent dollar amout and we are trading him for TJones (who everyone here hates) and a pile of garbage? Love it when people offer up the poo poo platter like it is a fair trade.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Blah, blah, blah...

We don't need an alpha dog to come in here and take command of the locker room. What we need is a steady third option that will help us reduce our crippling TO numbers, take pressure off of Harden, put the ball on the floor and force the Steph Curry's of the world to play defense and not get away with playing 4-on-5 basketball.

In theory, Lawson is all of that. I don't care if his leadership skills are underwhelming. The counterargument to that is: check his résumé. He's a winner. Everything from being the best player in the country on the collegiate level to leading a team to an NCAA Championship to being a fringe All-Star on winning teams 4/6 years in the NBA. If anything, he's better than advertised. Not the other way around.

10. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

The word is that Denver just wants to be rid of him. Who else is going to trade for a starting pg? Everyone team that has assets to trade for one, has one. Any other team that could use one, can't because they aren't good enough to muster up a decent offer. The OP has some valid points and Denver is making it sound as if they don't Mudiay to learn how to be a professional from Lawson lol and I don't blame them.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Take Dorsey out, and throw in Dekker. They get expiring contracts. Jones and Dekker give them the chance to move Gallo and/or Faried. They are going to look to rebuild.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

12mil/yr to come off the bench? lol

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Idk if it's his salary, attitude, denvers asking price, some advanced stat, or wtf but it just doesn't seem like Morey is interested. And considering Morey has rolled the dice on guys like Artest and Smith I just can't figure it out.

Lord help us maybe he thinks Bev is good enough at point.:(

14. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

It is strange that we hear no rumors. Maybe Morey is playing hard to get and letting them realize their isn't a market. But the dead silence on rumors over him is strange. I hate giving up dekker for him, the guy seems perfect for our team. I almost wish we could send them KJ in sign and trade. along with Jones and next years first rounder. I will trade first rounders' all day from where we end up picking.

15. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I just looked and only the sixers and their awful team could use a PG, but I dont see them giving up their first rd picks to get him...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sixers are not interested in winning and have no use for Lawson. :)

17. malakas

malakas Member

The sixers NEED a good pg for their centers. When you want to develop big men you must have a good point guard. However they won't trade for Lawson no way. It's not just the assets is the character.

Utah also needs a good starting caliber pg to teach Exum but they are very strict about characters so they won't trade for him.

However Denver can always wait. An opportunity will arrise, like Rondo leaving Sacramento.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He was at Venetian. My party told him to go the Rockets.

19. malakas

malakas Member

A three way trade with Toronto Denver and Houston may be the best. Jones and 2016 first + FILLER for Lawson and Toronto Ross + 2016 first.
    Denver gets two late firsts and Ross.

20. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Let Harrell and dekker build their value then...as long as we have a second Pg by playoffs, we are good. Trade for him at trade deadline...just would be nice to have him all season to build chemistry. I would pay more just for that opportunity