1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

Maybe its not Hawaii, Maybe its Galveston :grin:

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's going back to LA lol

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Houston will get a fresh wave a egotistic douche smell in about an hour. Cover your noses.

2 people like this.
  4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

tell me about this kauai beach in galveston...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Random thoughts:

1) As a Rockets fan, I want Jordan to go to Dallas. It marginally improves the Mavs at best and destroys the Clippers.

2) If Jordan does spurn the Mavs and return to the Clippers, that's a punk move. You don't verbally commit to a team like that and then change your mind a few days later. Yes, I assume he's within his right to do so, but it will lead to a complete overhaul of free agency negotiations by the NBA cuz this sort of thing cannot be allowed to happen.

3) Jordan having second thoughts tells you all you need to know that the Mavs really aren't that good of a team. There's no way he'd be doubting the decision if he truly believed they were a contender(or would be very soon).

4) I don't think anything like this has ever happened before. Boozer was slightly different. If I recall, he asked the Cavs to allow him to become an unrestricted free agent and gave them assurances that he'd sign with them only to turn around and go to Utah. It was bush league and wrong, but he never actually committed to Cleveland(mostly because he couldn't according to NBA rules). Juwan Howard did agree to terms with the Heat back in 1996 only to wind up resigning with the Wizards, but that's because the NBA stepped in and nullified the deal. Otherwise he would've ended up in Miami. BTW, the Heat were better off using that money on PJ Brown and other players.

6. alin86

alin86 Member

Tomorrow: "Kosta (Koufos) and Marco (Bellineli) are the best 5/2 I want to play with." from Chandler Parsons

2 people like this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Great, both teams suck, there is no a winner in this process. It does not effect on the rockets very much regardless of the final result.

8. brooksstephens

And regardless of her credibility.. she really didn't say anything at all? The Clippers are "hopeful"??? You don't say??!?!?

9. Ranny

Ranny Member

Its a joke calm down amigo.... :rolleyes:

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If Clippers get DJ back they are legit contenders.

They added Pierce and Lance S and lost headcase Barnes. That's a solid roster with decent bench strength now

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

This...I am a little worried about that now

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

"Lights On Lidge"

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why the heck would Rockets fans hope DJ goes back to the Clippers? Even though we miraculously beat them last year, Clippers with DJ are a legit championship contender. Are you really going to enjoy the Mavs' suffering so much it'll make up for the Clippers' beating us and winning the championship?? Makes no d*mn sense. Everyone should root for DJ to go to Dallas.

14. Ranny

Ranny Member

I hate your posts but i agree with this one. Jordan to Dallas results in two mediocre teams, Jordan to LA results in one contending and one tanking

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes it does. They once again becomes rockets killer

16. brooksstephens

I can't think of a legitimate reason why DJ would have chosen Dallas over the Clips in the first place... unless he's just really mentally weak and scared of CP3.

He'd get more money and he'd win more games in LA

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Head case part is a wash

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-jordan-visiting-clippers-mavericks/29865687/

19. sew

sew Member

NBA free agency = awesome.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Let me start off by saying for the love of lawlz! Couldnt care less either way he goes, but would love to see dallas, their fans and puban suffer to the extent of tears.

Exactly! Morey has done wonders here in Houston and I could only imagine him in LA or NY. The guy would own the damn world if he were recruiting in either of those places.

ROFLMFAOCOPTER!