1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Isaiah Thomas is actually my favorite non-Rocket. So underrated.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

There is no way Morey can just ignore Hardens request..

He brought in Josh to please Dwight..

Now it's time to bring in Lawson to please Harden

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

I'm not saying they are going to be the same team as last year going into next season - you were talking about them couple of days ago, at which point they were the exact same team as last season.

No they weren't the best team last season. Sure it was unfortunate that they suffered injuries to key players during the playoffs and if healthy, sure they could have potentially beaten the Warriors. A healthy Rockets team probably could have beaten the Warriors too. Also the Rockets matched up rather well with Cleveland during the season.

I'm not saying you build a team to beat any one team in particular....of course you try to build a team that will give you the best chance to win it all...that's just common sense!! Again I think the Rockets can match up pretty well with Clevand as is AND FA only just started, so there is plenty of time, even for the Rockets, to still tweak the roster.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So much fun to watch

5. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Where is this legit PG in free agency that's got to be better than Bev. I must of missed him getting signed for the MLE. Damn stupid me. And if you are talking trade its July 7th. Maybe there isnt a trade to be made right now. Maybe there is no leverage to get teams to make a trade now. You piss and moan and act like the front office is just sitting there playing with themselves. They are looking For the right move. Not just any move to please the panicked fan base. If the right move for the right price presents itself then it will be made. If not we will take the team that went to the WCF plus D-mo and Bev. And take another run. The rest of the west hasn't improved by leaps and bounds like everyone the panicked majority think.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

How is your arse not banned yet after your racist spew?

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I feel like we have options here. Bev can start and get a 6th man like Thomas or Crawford or bed comes off the bench for Lawson or collison. I feel like all of those scenario is are doable and no reason why they would not make us better

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

"Boston acquired Thomas in exchange for Marcus Thornton and the Cleveland Cavaliers' 2016 first-round draft pick."

Still think we could've beat this offer.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

is it possible that we can lose Smoove without getting anything out of it?

I'm afraid that might happen if he gets a huge offer from someone

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Josh Smith to Kings? :(

11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol is there a post where you don't mention the bolder part? ;
    same story

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, we can definitely lose the guy without getting anything out of it.

13. basketballholic

No matter how you slide and dice it, Cleveland is the team we'll have to beast to win a championship.

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

We had real shot at winning the title last year. The fact that we made it to the WCF made me even more pissed.

We were the 2 seed and avoid the Spurs in the 1st round. We finally beat the Clippers. Cleveland had some key injuries and we would be the favorite to win the title if we could get pass the Warriors.

We actually matched up quite well with the Warriors. Remember game 1, 2 and 5 were close games. If Harden had had more help, it would have been a very close series.

This year is going to be tough. Spurs and the Cavs got better, OKC will be scary if healthy, and Warriors will be great. It will be very difficult for the Rockets to overcome them this year.

Can't believe you guys are still defending Morey. Our championship window is closing, we should've gone all in last year! The fact that he kept that Pelicans pick was inexcusable. We needed to win immediately!!

15. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Good god they are posting one after the other now..

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Even given all our other injuries, we probably would have game 1 and 2 if dwight wasn't crippled.

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Well at the very least, rocketmanhk is being more accurate about his rant instead of misfiring and spilling it onto this off season.

Rocketmanhk, as for still defending morey, it's your opinion DM should have cashed in for IT and that's a fair opinion. 1) Hindsight is 20/20 2) It's no certainty Thomas would have been enough to get us past that warriors team 3) the clear target at the time was Dragic so DM obviously thought he was the better fit than IT which most here thought too so it wasn't like he wasn't trying to upgrade. He was just took the risk to target the better fit that season and it didn't work out.

So sure you can fault him for not cashing in on the lesser player, but it's not like he wasn't ready to cash in and not upgrade the pg spot as you suggest.

And don't get me wrong...looking back going all in for IT would have helped last year, but again we have the luxury of going back to second guess decisions and that decision wasn't a slam dunk either way. It wasn't like everyone thought "why on earth didn't we go all in for Thomas?"

if he had and we still didn't win the championship, we'd have a bunch of arm chair GM's here complaining about how DM took the risk on IT and now we have no assets left to improve the team and we're locked in on this roster now.

#48157 Rox>Mavs, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the one thing sacramento have done right is take collison over thomas, thomas, much like jennings really is volume badness. With guys like Harden, you need people who provide positives but also don't hurt the team at the same time, that's why lin made us worse, thomas would do much the same thing.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm still very hopeful Collison is the most likely target for us this offseason. It makes too much sense from all sides.

20. Fantasma Negro

He brought in Ariza to please Harden, but I see your point. Harden needs to feel like he has pull here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.