1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A team that made the WCF had the 18th pick. With that pick, we got a kid that can seemingly do everything well. Rockets also came out well at 32 with Harrell.. Dude plays with mad energy and I love his potential.

Morey signed 2 contributors at lower than the going market value. Bev's deal is an absolute steal. Trade is still in play. It's July 6th FFS.

2. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

But I thought you guys said he can't play defense and takes creative opportunities away from Harden?

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Oh man, I can see Crawford waving off Harden in the 4th quarter to iso and chucking up another brick....I don't like that guy.........

4. malakas

malakas Member

it's highly unlikely this trade happens so don't worry.:grin: I don't think Morrey is eager to help the Clippers get out of their cap hole.

5. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Could have went to the Finals if Harden had more help but Morey failed to deliver. Dekker and Harrell will spend a majority of the season in the D-league. We need help immediately. But re-signing KJ who won't crack the rotation inexplicably became our top priority.

Been hearing the same **** for 2 years, and we are still out there looking for a PG.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

What pg's have you seen traded so far this off season?

7. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Man reading these post you would think the playoffs are starting tomorrow. Cause man there is no way its only the beginning of July. Can't be. It has to be the end of the season. Either that or alot of people on this board are time travelers. Its the only way to explain the doom and panic going on. Damn. People need to chill. Changes will be made between now and the season starting and then once the season starts more changes will be made if needed.

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

That's why I am worried. Morey is always overcautious and overvalues flexibility. He had many opportunities to pull off a trade but here we are, stuck with Prigioni.

9. Rox>Mavs

What trade opportunities are you referring to? I haven't seen any trades go down for pg's yet this offseason unless I'm forgetting. Or are you just complaining about the last trade deadline and assuming the same thing is happening now even though trades haven't started yet?

10. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This has been the quietest offseason in a while. I havent even heard one rumor of the Rockets involved with anyone worth mentioning, maybe some whispers but nothing more.

I feel like Morey wont do a move into like a week before season starts, just like how we got Harden, maybe someone will hold out on a extension?

11. malakas

malakas Member

the moratorium is not for trades UNLESS it's for capspace clearing. Wait for 10 july.

12. oakdogg

Are you really sure about this?

Brewer signed for $8M, so did Afflalo. One could make a case Afflalo is better than Brewer.

Beverley signed for $6M. What kind of market is there for a starting PG who gets 3.5 APG? CJ Watson is probably comparable to Beverley, and he signed for less, I believe.

I am not saying we overpaid, but this idea that we underpaid seems to be a bit of homer spin IMO.

13. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Same **** over and over again. In 13-14 our bench was super thin but Morey held on to that room exception for no reason. You'all kept saying a trade will happen then we all we got was Jordan Hamilton. The rest is history. And after 2 years, we are still desperately looking for a PG. But once again they decided to hold on to that MLE and stand pat. Really?? KJ over a legit PG??? Morey needs to get fired. He's wasting Dwight's prime here.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Why have we not signed Josh or Terry...... que pasa?

15. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Mo Williams got traded for garbage. Isaiah Thomas got traded for a late 1st round pick. And Morey decided to hold on to that Pelicans pick when last year was our golden opportunity to bring a title home.

16. Rox>Mavs

Ok so you're not talking trades anymore but signing a FA with the MLE. Who would you have gone out and signed with 5.5m/year? That person better be worth giving up KJ and possibly smith for too....

17. Rox>Mavs

Ok fine then just call it for what it is....just say you're still pissed about last seasons trade deadline. Just own it instead of trying to make it about this off season because you're not making any sense.

18. oakdogg

Isaiah Thomas would be so perfect.....pissed me off we didn't move for him too.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Perfect for the second unit! He wears a headband too! He would put up numbers on this squad

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If we can't keep josh smith, can we atleast get Jamal Crawford for him?
    I really want us to re-sign Smith, and get Lawson and Crawford but that's a little unrealistic.
    Two of those three would be nice, but if we lose Smith then we can't afford to lose jones so wouldn't have much to offer to get anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.