1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Point Guard Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jul 5, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Detroit is playing Dinwiddie at PG. Playing Jennings next to Harden or on the 2nd unit makes no never mind. Jennings is a scorer and another ball handler, what's not to like? And yes, the time to get a blue chipper is when his value is down. That's Morey ball.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who said Morey has to "take advantage" of every FO? Morey always seems to find a few who are willing every season.

3. danny317

danny317 Member

Barbosa or andre miller

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'd love to get Bledsoe, and part of what makes me such a rockets fan is seeing the FO operate so well under Morey. But all his "fleece" deals come by taking advantage of the leverage he has on another team forced into a situation. PHX isn't in a corner where they're about to lose leverage. They were before they signed Bledsoe to that deal but now they don't have to do a thing other than wait for some other team to be painted into a corner in desperate need of a pg so they can be the one to take advantage.

Lawson, though still a stretch, is more doable since the relationship is broken but even still Denver doesnt have to do squat since Lawson is under contract and a very cheap one now in this market.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love Bledsoe too but disagree about Suns being able to sit tight, not when they are short at the 4 and will be even shorter when they get rid of a disgruntled Keef Morris. Suns are one of the teams that have a plethora of options at guard, as are teams like Celtics, Wolves and Nugs. And both Boston and PHX are in need of rim protection and/or post offense.

I am going to trust Morey and his proven history. The guy doesn't just have a plan B, C and D. He has plans all the way to Z and beyond.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I agree they'll be looking to grade their 4 spot but they won't move Bledsoe for anything less than an all star in return. If they aren't leveraged to move Bledsoe they'll look to upgrade the pf modestly. If another team loses leverage our a star player they'll have Bledsoe as the best chip to upgrade. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong but I really don't think we have the kind of package they're looking for.

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Barbosa re-signs with GSW.

1-yr, $2.5M deal.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Suns always say they will only move Bledsoe for a proven all star. Bledsoe is not even a proven all star. No one, I mean no one, has offered anything like that and Bledsoe is losing value the longer he stays with Suns. All their moves undermine his value.

Someone will blink, my money is on the Suns.

9. Swag

Swag Member

justin holliday? i think hes a FA

10. malakas

malakas Member

The Suns Nuggets and Toronto's FO are not idiots. And most of the names dropped here are from these teams.
    The only FO that is not so smart is Minny (Rubio).

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's all about George Hill! He's not the playmaker we need but it is a big upgrade over what we had in the playoffs. Harden needs the ball most of the time anyway.

12. xyldsg

xyldsg Member

How about Evan Fournier?
    I know he is not a pure PG,but he is a scoer who can pass the ball.
    He could be our another playmaker stand out from the beach。

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. So the only FO in the NBA that are idiots are in Minnesota?? I guess all those teams that are perpetually out of the playoffs year after year after year after year (or one and done) are just peachy keen. This includes some of those teams that you are so adamant about.

You don't have to be an "idiot" FO to get taken by Morey. Morey is able to get good deals from the good FO's as well.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Agree about Minny would also add Sac town lol

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Collison might be unhappy at losing the starting spot to Rondo.
    I am willing to take the risk with his hip injury, because he started rehab soon after surgery.
    He is expected to be ready from the first game of the season.

If Josh signs with the Kings, it will be very difficult to trade Jones there.

Best case scenario for Houston is to see Josh return with the rest of the team, and to trade Jones, K-Pap and a future second rounder for Collison.

It's going to be hard to pull it off.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I did .... back on the first couple pages of the thread. Not a world beater but probably the best of the cheap options left in FA and would leave you all or part of the MLE to work with as he can probably be had for the vet min. His last deal was a min contract ....

17. malakas

malakas Member

from the names mentioned here. And you don't know anthing about these gms if you think they can "be taken by Morey" just because they haven't made the playoffs esp in the west.
    The Sac is esp idiots.
    Good luck trying to have the Celtics Toronto Suns and Nuggets "taken by Morey".

18. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Mayo and Henson are on the block, are two tradeable assets that could be used.
    Oj can also play the 2 when brewer switches over to 3.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6601911

Mayo would run the 2nd group, and he knows how to create his own shot. Play maker off the bench.

Mayo/Ennis
    Brewer
    Dekker
    Smith/Harrel
    Capela/Henson

19. malakas

malakas Member

Milwaukee says no. No need of Johnson or Dorsey and don't have enough rosterspots. Ennis is sold too soon and rather pay Henson than Jones who are both rfa next year but Henson can rim protect and play center and doesn't play only same position as franchise player.
    If you want you must make the trade smaller.
    Bayless for Kpap.

20. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Bayless would work to since they drafted a pg and got vasquez, mayo or bayless is going to be out on 3rd string. To me it would be a great trade partner. They have glut of pg,sg now...