1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Jun 27, 2015.

Tags:
?

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

1. I have always supported gay marriage.

59.3%
  2. I now support gay marriage but was previously against it

12.6%
  3. I have never supported gay marriage.

14.8%
  4. I do not like it but do not really care.

13.3%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

You would still vote Republican. If your choice was a "D" that supports gay marriage or an "R" that supported gay marriage; you would punch "R"... As far as Jesus is concerned, he never discussed gay marriage and there is no strong reason to believe he would take a strong position on it. If evangelicals can overlook premarital sex and divorce, there is no reason they cannot over look gay marriage... As Pope Francis articulated, if we are to assume it is a sin, many things are sinful.... and yet there is a fixation on homosexuality from the Right... Not providing for the poor and those in need... Which is literally 75% of what Jesus preached... But instead it was slavery 150 years ago, fighting woman's rights 100 years ago and now homosexuality.... No one can speak for Jesus, but as someone that has read the New Testament more than a dozen times, I certainly didn't get the vibe that Jesus is concerned with homosexuals.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

With all the mean ****ers roaming this great land you'd hate a nice gay person just because they were gay? Think about it for a second some of you homophobes then get back to me.

3. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

this poll is rigged. I cannot believe that over 60% supported gay marriage since they were born. This could be with kids being born recently, but I think it's impossible that over 60% had this view living in 70's-80's.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you the same poster as outlaw??

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People generally quote Paul when asked about anti-gay passages in the NT.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's ironic about the anti-gay crowd is that people always say it's a "lifestyle" choice but never ask why such a consistent slice of people throughout history and in every single culture would make a lifestyle choice.

I mean, the same choice was being made back around the time the NT was written! Back when they stoned you to death for that "choice".

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

1) I don't think that's a choice (in most cases).
    2) People are still being stoned to death for that, in many Muslim countries. There is no "back when..." there. Except that the left isn't really bothered by it if Muslims do it, but when very conservative Christians oppose gay marriage, then the Left is up in arms.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For someone who calls people morons and insults their intelligence all the time, you'd think you'd know that when someone writes "choice" they are being ironic.

Way to bring this back to an anti-Muslim topic. No, that's not it at all. That's just an invention in your mind to think that the left is ok with gays being stoned in Muslim countries. So ridiculous.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was stating my personal opinion that I don't think it's a choice, and that I disagree with those who think so. I was not concerned with whether you were trying to be ironic or just stupid or whatever. In fact, this one time, I agreed with you, I think.

10. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Nope.

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I could care less about what happens. It doesn't effect me or anyone close to me. If they want to get married go for it.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Paul is undoubtedly a main pillar of Christian fervor that changed the course of homosexual attitudes across the world. Some of his concerns were against child abuse and pederasty practiced among the cultures of his time.

But even Christ has mentioned the laws of the old testament should be respected. That ambiguity to what extent in contrast with the romanticized gospel teachings enables the anti-homosexual current that exists to this day.