1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

make sure to bring your big boy pants to staples center, paumarcus!

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Note from a traveling <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne">@ramonashelburne</a>: While Aldridge was undeniably cool on Lakers' pitch source says LMA hasn't formally told LA it's out</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/616349711277146112">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This chick is ridiculous. All day she's said the meeting went well with the Lakers and NOW she says he was "undeniably cool" on their pitch?

Completely ridiculous reporter.

3. betterhomesbytj

wheres cyber! we need a update!

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just want to say this

Aldridge's camp notified the Lakers he will not be joining them. He has not turned down the Rockets yet... So where kinda still in this, to a degree.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I bet they showed LMA that he would put up 25 ppg in this offense and showed him how harden absolutely sucks entire defenses to him leaving anyone with a jump shot wide open.

1 person likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blazers have about $33 million in cap space: Max contract for player 0-6 yrs in league is $14.7mil (Monroe); Player 7-9 yrs is $17.7 (LMA)</p>&mdash; Jason Quick (@jwquick) <a href="https://twitter.com/jwquick/status/616349730478518272">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Guess is that Monroe would play center, although analytics show Blazers were highly efficient team when Aldridge played the 5.</p>&mdash; Jason Quick (@jwquick) <a href="https://twitter.com/jwquick/status/616350507263635456">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cybersex getting ****ed on by his sources

8. FeaR

FeaR Member

Yeah but he is not a center. Even as a PF he offers awful spacing.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I genuinely believe that we are least being considered (as in actually considered, not just a formality) which is a good thing.

I'd still say Spurs are prohibitive favorite though.

10. betterhomesbytj

honestly if LMA comes to Houston we HAVE to give DOC credit. he called it!

11. malakas

malakas Member

How to destroy free agency in 3 minutes. So he basically tld him that this is his team and he wants lma to take a backseat. Great job kobe.

At least the lakers didnt bring kobe along to meet the rest of the free agents. Only lma.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Who writes her checks? That person should be fired.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

same took that kept bashing dwight last year if you remember.

14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Its funny, people just can't admit they were wrong

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

waiting for ramona and the so-cal gang to start parroting the narrative now:

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If it was my decision I'd narrow it down to 2 or so choices then go visit in person. Tour the facilities, see where I might live, meet with more of the staff. It's a big decision. I'd drag my ass. It's actually surprising to me that some players just switch teams overnight during free agency. I wouldn't. And y'all would call me a diva or something stupid.

17. malakas

malakas Member

??? A center is supposed to offer spacing?

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why LMA should consider Spurs:

1) They have already freed up cap space. All LMA has to say is I am on board and deal is done.

2) Immediate favorites to win the title next season. They have all the right pieces in place to contend right now.

Why LMA should consider Rockets:

1) Younger core. Key SA players will be leaving soon. In 2 years from now, Harden + Howard + LMA >>> Kwahi + Green + LMA. So if LMA wants to contend for longer, Rockets are the better choice.

2) Pop can be a jackass and a control freek. If LMA wants more freedom, Rockets is the better choice. McHale does not even know how to draw up plays.

3) Spurs are boring. The players, the coach, the city, the bars, the entertainers..... Houston team has a livlier personality. No one said they want to go out and party with the Spurs. If you want to party you hang out with Harden or Howard but not both at the same time.

4) If LMA goes to Spurs he joins a team that has won already recently. He just becomes a late addition to a legacy that might be fading. If he comes to Rockets he becomes the beginning of a new legacy. Personally, to me this would be big. He would be a bigger story in Houston.

Why LMA should consider the Mavs:

1) Countless opportunities to cover Dirk's man and hone his defensive skills. Tyson already ran away.

2) Chandler Parsons.

Why LMA should consider the Lakers:

LOL

#42278 Zboy, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Someone please just go off on her. Good luck with Asik and Rondo.

20. edward nigma

edward nigma Member

Yeah, ESPN Los Angeles is going to have a field day with this tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.