1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New York, Indiana, Dallas were interested in Millsap but he will not meet with them. Deciding Btwn offers from ATL &amp; Orl</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/616244076309008384">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If they want a stretch four, as it's been reported, Frye would be a candidate. However, still on the books for another 3 years, which will drive many from wanting him and probably the Rockets too. So probably not a candidate.

#41041 J.R., Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. malakas

malakas Member

This is the most insane contrqact of this free agency. Calling it now. Its an abomination. How could hennigan do smth like that? You pretty much leave a coveted asset like harris walk AND burry godron AND pay max to an old vet AND empower skiles to do his crap.
    thjs move has exactly 0 positives besides a 8th seed or bust treadmill move. Im so glad im not a magic fan right now.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Frye sux and hes out of the door with skiles there. Same with fournier. But orlando must pay someone to take hus contrac coz hes that bad.
    still cant get over the fact that freaking orlandi offerd the 20 max to millsap.

4. LandryMegaBeast

i just think it's hilarious that he wont even meet with dallas

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Milsap is like an older Draymknd Green. In that sense if rather pay him less but he's a really good player who has become more valuable in today's NBA

The fit with Orlando is a little strange.

But
    Payton
    Oladipo
    Henzoja
    Milsap
    Vukevic

In the east... Could be a 8th seed

Well.. yeah.
    It's not the strategy I would have chosen... but to the extent it's the strategy they want - try and be more competitive now, I don't think it's "insane".

Millsap has been basically right at a 20 PER each of the last 5 seasons. He shoots over 50% from two, and 36% from 3 on 4+ attempts per game. He's a nice rebounder, though not great, and an underrated defender. He was 9th in the league in steals per game at 1.8 for example.

His only knock is his age.

----

The real thing you're seeing is that management sees the big jump in cap coming and are willing to spend more.

#41045 JayZ750, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if millsap's getting $20M, have to wonder how to think j smoove might actually get offered the MLE

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

ok I'm out then. I really like him and all but I don't think he's worth decimating the team for.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its just ridiculous that they keep on going after PF targets. You are essentially saying... hey come play in Dallas and be a CENTER, and watch your front-court mates not guard anyone. However you want to slice it, they wont be able to get an impactful 5, and you'll be forced to play small.

The DJ signing would make some sense, but not at the max when you have so many other pressing issues. The better value would be getting Chandler back, and spending the money elsewhere.

Oh well... I'm glad Dallas is star struck and delusional.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I know right? That is worrisome. Smoove can definitely cash in this offseason. I hope he stays though

10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Just saw Frye's contract...he has a similar contract as Ariza's which won't be too hard with the cap going up next year.

I think Frye would be a great pick up...he can shoot the three ball very well (39% last year) and he needs a change of scenery.

Like Malakas said...Orlando would have to pay us to take on his contract. Let's say a future first round pick (similar to the NOLA and TOR pick protections) and a second rounder?

11. Kalypso

Kalypso Member

At some point the Sun will cool and stop shining.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Magic is offering him $80 million for 4 years. That's not value.

13. micah1j

micah1j Member

I suggested about a week ago in the trade thread, T-Jones, K-Papa, Dorsey & Prigioni for Frye. They take our garbage + T Jones and we take 3 years of Frye.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Its not the price that is so shocking , tho it is an overpay its the team that offered. Orlando is rebuilding. They had been careful and patient so far. Millsap is way too old for their core. Is he going to mentor gordon? Hes not even the same kind of player as him.
    I think skiles has very powerful input there right now being best buddies with the owner and with them probably making the po this year it will increase. Which means one thing . Vucevic will be on the market this time next year.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If we strike out I know people on here don't want him but I think we should contact minny again for Rubio. After looking at these new contracts with the cap increase that contract he's on will be a very very cheap deal. And we wouldn't have to give up that much for him as oppose to Aldridge.

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

And we tought NBA was getting smarter. Hennigan just absolutely killed the market with this decision. Millsap was underpaid, but 20M is nuts for an undersized 4 who is not a killer from 3pt land.

Draymon money for a poor`s man Draymond

17. NicaHoustonian

So is anyone else worried that there has been zero updates from the meeting last night? Where are all our insiders??

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

id rather pay millsap 20 than harris 15.

i think they made the correct choice

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Frye next 3 years: $8,193,029 | $7,806,971 | $7,420,912

Sure, you could probably get it for a Jones and/or Papanikolaou (as often thrown around here) but in a year or two, can you move that contract without having to attach another asset on it?

Don't think it's likely, but another stretch four: Ryan Anderson. Going into the last year of his deal ($8,500,000).

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We don't have insiders. With Dwight all we got was news that our guys went in and then went out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.