1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Undervaluing of Trevor Ariza - Do you trade him for a LMA/Love type player if possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Jun 25, 2015.

?

How do you value Ariza?

1. I would trade Ariza for Love

27.8%
  2. I would NOT trade Ariza for Love

31.8%
  3. I would trade Ariza for LMA

73.7%
  4. I would NOT trade Ariza for LMA

10.6%
  5. I would trade Ariza for a max level player, but not for Love or LMA

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Ariza is borderline untradeable unless we somehow net one of the other best wing defenders in the league somehow, which is pretty unlikely. It's almost uncanny how much of a perfect fit Ariza is for our team. Could only imagine a few other better SFs we could have on this team (Lebron, Durant, Leonard are really the only ones that come to mind). I would never let him go in a move for LMA or Aldridge unless we were also getting back a major wing player who can defend and shoot. If you trade Ariza and bring in Aldridge or Kevin Love, does that bring you closer to beating Golden State, OKC, Memphis? Probably not. GS will still have Green, Memphis is excellent defensively and OKC is going to be very very good again if they are healthy. This team has a shot next year IF they bring back pretty much the entire rotation sans Jones, Dorsey, Prigioni, just need one bench playmaker who can really put pressure on an opposing defense. Would love Jamal Crawford - Dwight is getting older and can enter FA next off-season, we have to go all in now while we have as wide of a shot as we're gonna get, and he can at least make the defense guard when he's dribbling. Also has a rep for getting calls, which is always +EV, 4-pt plays (big momentum swing plays), can pass, can close games, willing to come off the bench, etc.

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Do whatever it takes outside H&H to get Aldridge in a Rockets uniform.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This would leave us with absolute zero defense, none. We would be incredibly lucky to have the season we just had. Don't for get Bev is probably gone as well. Our PF rotation > LMA while losing Ariza and our defense. Besides Harden wants help in the backcourt getting LMA means Harden will have less to work with back there than last year.

4. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For what he is around the league, that's like $5 million a year too short. I mean look at some of these ****ing ridiculous contracts given to players with a notch below notoriety.... He's gonna get something averaging at least $25 million a year. Love had bad luck this year with an injury and clearly has lost some value. I say go after Love with full commitment, he is the superior fit for Houston because he can play off the ball as a rebound put back guy as well as 3 point shooting capability. He'll be a bit cheaper than LMA which is what Houston can afford.

6. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol what i meant was that lakers offering him 20 mil is bad for us cuz now we got not shot at him cuz we didnt have that money to start with. hopefully he still wants to "win" and he realizes that we give him the best shot at doing that. maybe spurs too

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't get carried away. Are you saying that Ariza was top 5 SF in the entire NBA?

There's a reason we could sign him for 8M per last year just like that. Ariza is one of the better 3&D wings. But let's not make him like he's some kind of elite player that is hard to get.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If LMA wants to sign, then Morey will unload Ariza/Jones/Capella/future 1st/one of our recent draft picks fast... or whatever makes the math work.

We would need Bima in for exact figures.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I've been an Ariza fan for a long time and one of the guys whom loved the signing after losing Parsons because of his playoff experience.

But if we lose him and gain LMA then its a plus.

We can sign a vet for small change whom can start or start Dekker.

PG: Bev (somehow fit him in after signing LMA), Nick Johnson
    SG: Harden, KJ McDaniels, (vet-min Terry)
    SF: Dekker, (Maybe Brewer) (or minimum-vet)
    PF: Aldridge, DMO, Harrell
    C: Howard, (whomever)

It would be something like that and fit some other minimum pieces.

We can work with this mainly because I like what our rookies can bring and learn from our stars.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Adding Ariza is one of the main reasons we improved so much last year despite horrible luck with injuries. We can't trade away his defense.

1 person likes this.
  11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd rather add a few more Trevor Ariza types than a superstar