1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Christian Wood agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 26, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Do the Rockets have some leftover MLE or is this a minimum signing?

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Has free agency even started?

I think he has simply agreed to a deal, it isn't finalized yet. Depends on the type of deal agreed upon, but most likely a 2 year minimum deal with strict conditions on when parts of it become guaranteed.

Morey normally only dips into the MLE for 2nd round picks doesn't he?

3. micah1j

micah1j Member

Undrafted with only a partial guaranteed contract and a year in the D league should hopefully adjust his attitude and work ethic.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If the reports about his work ethic and other shortcomings are true, being undrafted was probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

If anyone needed a "chip on his shoulder", it's him.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm really excited about this pick-up. I can see him being entitled because I'm sure he has dominated play at every level up to this point without having to work at it. It's now up to him whether he will put in the work. It's certainly worth the risk for a partially guaranteed contract, so great job Team Morey.

And I'm fine with being a KD wannabe, he runs great and can get a shot off any time. Those skills are hugely valuable if he can execute; and play at at credible level in the other aspects.

His development will be as fun to watch as Capela's. He could be the NBADL scoring champ next year.

6. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This dude is looong. Put him on a vet Rox team and I think his 'tude and work ethic will get better. But right now he appears to be another Anthony Randolph.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

8. acjeitherocket

im impressed!!

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Based on his explicit tweet that he deleted.... he should have no problem with motivation.

I really like this kid. Actually maybe a bit more than Dekker and Harrell. Tiny bit.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Seems like, with experience, this guy could eventually leap over Terrence Jones in the rotation.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

But really, this guy seems solid. Any reason why he went undrafted?

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Bad pre-draft workouts, according to multiple sauces.

13. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I really like the look of the guy on what little film I've seen, another body with potential. Nice one morey

14. Fantasma Negro

Put him in the weight room with Dwight and Joey, he'll be Deandre Jordan in about two years

15. micah1j

micah1j Member

Chad Ford: "Wood has the talent of a lottery pick. He has great size, athleticism and skill. But as I wrote on Monday, teams seem to be very turned off right now. The feedback from his interviews at the draft combine and in workouts has been disappointing."

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you even watch any tape of him? Some of the comparisons here smh.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yup, has all the tools, just needs to prove everyone wrong

IMO better risk/reward pick than Dekker or Harrell

18. elainas

elainas Member

Looks like, and move like young LMA, great steel DM, but damm someone must be traded its kinda shame to have such frontcourt on the bench

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe going undrafted is his wake up call. He does seem like he needs a lot of work though.

20. Fantasma Negro

He rebounds, he blocks shots and he finishes well at the rim. He has the same measurements Deandre Jordan had coming out of A&M. I watched a lot of tape on him when we signed him and that's why I said he needs to add muscle to his frame because he's naturally skilled. He needs to add muscle and work on his defense. Since my opinion is the only one that matters to me, my opinion of him is that if he adds 25 pounds in two years and works on his defense he could be a more offensively skilled Deandre Jordan