1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW Yao Ming Pics from Hong Kong!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WinknCatForever, Aug 6, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heech

heech Contributing Member

South China Morning Post's report on the game:

I love it... "Enormous Dragon from the East Who's About to Fly". Can I change my handle?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"The Enormous Dragon from the East Who's About to Fly"

That's a pretty long nickname. I wonder what the Chinese is.

3. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

You know, it is easy to miss dunks because you are too high over the rim. It used to happen to Horry quite abit. Maybe Yao was too fired up and got too far over the rim. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

4. Sane

Sane Member

I think Yao Ming needs to decrease his body fat slightly. He's abit heavy, and there's no need to lose strength. He just needs to trim some fat off his body to be a bit lighter. I doubt the problem (dunking) is from weak calves, so I'm assuming he needs to get used to the weight and lose a tiny bit of body fat.

5. walterw

walterw Member

IMO, this has to have something to do with the defenders.
    To play against a team like Chinese NT, every opponent's coach knows that the number 1 strategy is to control Yao. I am sure that was also the tactics by Australian Tigers. Yao would be swarmed whenever he was trying to get and getting the ball. Even he was dunking, there could be defenders around bothering him.

I did not see the game though;)

6. moomoo

moomoo Member

Yao too high over the rim? Please say you're joking. Yes, you have to be joking.

Good one! Keep up the good work!

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Tell me about. Happens to me all the time. I'm throwing down a vicious one-hand tomohawk and then---thud!--my forehead hits the top of the backboard. :)

8. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

That Australian team is a good team. And that Andrew Gaze is still a very impressive player. Very smooth unselfish motion offense and great fastbreak. Kind of reminds me of Team Argentina at WC. China were really lucky to win the game.

9. Panda

Panda Member

The Royal Madrid just played a Chinese team and FC Tokyo in their Asia tour. Ronaldo, the superstar among other stars, namely Zidane, Beckham, Carlos, Figo and Raul etc. was criticized by the media to be slacking in games.

10. B

B Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Maybe someone who is good at photoshopping stuff can help me fix it up some. I don't have enough patience right now to clean it up.

B

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

B,

You obviously put too much starch in it. :p

12. B

B Contributing Member

Unfortunately I'm being kicked off the computer so I only had 10 minutes to put the uni on Yao. I did the all star uni earlier today, but I think it's a dead thread. If you take the uni from the bottom of the thread, you should be able to do a much better job.

B

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

This kind of reminds me of stuff that happends to me. The court near where I live has 2 goals, both shorter than regulation. (I'm guessing 1 is at least 8ft and the other 9ft.) I can dunk pretty easily on both, especially the smaller one. I'd have no problem dunking 100/100 times, even if I'm tired. Now, when we play game, I try to dunk it every time I get near the basket, sort of like Shaq. When I go up, people may slap my arm or something, but not really enough to warrant a foul.(though I rarely call fouls that happend to me) Plus, anybody pushing from behind doesn't help. I'm pretty weak in the upper body, so every little thing kind of throws me off. Maybe Yao's went through the same thing? :confused:

14. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Yao was 7/16 from the field, 3/6 from the FT.

And one of the above articles was wrong. He didn't miss 5 dunks. He only missed about 3.

15. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

I had watch the whole game live in Hong Kong.

Yao Ming was able to post up his opponent well if he got the position, but miss a few dunk that shouldn't have missed at all (one or two actually was fouled though).

Later in the game, Chinese NT used their form of "twin towers". Mengke Bateer was then the offense focus, where Austrialia Tigers found no other big man to contain him.

Yao Ming mostly was not in good form, but showed flash in the last quarter. He made a 15 feet open jumper, which imo can be used more frequently for creating spacing.

I was impressed by Yao Ming's strong upper body. But, if judge by this exhibition game, stamina must be his number one priority. He just looked slow and fatigue in the game (partly due to his playing the whole forty minutes).

KH

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yao Ming. :)

Those of you dissing Yao for missing 5 dunks : hell I'm happy he attempted 5 dunks. Baby steps... baby steps...

17. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Baby stepping to the submit reply button....baby stepping to the submit reply button.

18. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Yao is gigantic now.

Hopefully he's just in the carlorie stuffing portion of his workout schedule. It doesn't pay to put on muscle at a cardiovasc. optimum during the summer. Just pile that stuff on (w/ a defined limit)! Shape it later.

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

NewGirl,

they are certainly a good offensive team.

how did Yao go posting up against the tigers centre Mark Bradtke, he is certainly a very strong veteran.

20. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

that is insane! five missed dunks from our 7'5 center playing againts less competition. i hope we aren't gonna have to hear that again in the upcoming season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.