1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets take Montrezl Harrell with the 32nd pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like the pick?

1. YES

395 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. NO

80 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

aelliott dropping knowledge.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I am totally sold on this kid. Crazy length, with very good athleticism. In fact, I am more excited about this dude than Dekker.

At where he was picked, there is 0% percent Harrell will be a bust.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Morey went to a few Louisville games this year. Not surprised. I thought he would get him or Rozier.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Great post, man!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm getting pretty excited about our 2 picks the more I read.

People compared Dekker to Chandler, but I think that's unfair to Dekker. He's a bit taller, has higher reach, and jumps 3 inches higher. I compare him more to Horry that Parsons. So, after looking up that measurements, I got interested in Montrezl.

That do has incredible reach. I think he has legit size for the PF position now, but I can't find his vertical anywhere. Has anyone found Montrezl Harrell's vertical? Something in his highlights tells me it's impressive.

Edit: The closest I found was an approximation of 36"

#265 don grahamleone, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. Rodgev

Rodgev Member

For all of you that complained about the lack of intensity at times last season this guy has it and then some. He plays like a pissed off honey badger, and all of us that watched Harrison Barnes lazily grab a rebound or Curry sneak in and grab a rebound over our bigs. That just ended, watch this guy play a few games not the prettiest player but is hungry and eats rebounds on both ends this seems like a guy who knows that the only way to stay in the league is by displaying those two traits. When he gets into the rotation he won't be getting out of it.

One last thing about this guy and we can all relate to it is his explosiveness go through every game thread and search the work "dunk" our the team missed alot of layups and everybody would say "just dunk the damn ball" well this guy is allergic to layups I think he has the most dunks in Louisville history.

Saying all that to say that I hated the guy in college because I knew what my team was going up against but you will all love this guy.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Seems like dude has a lot of upside, but for those who reallyyyyy like morey for this pick bpa etc.

Don't critize mchale and play calling & lack of sets when this guy is in the rotation

9. Play07

Play07 Member

And for those who are saying faried... Is faried a good fit here ? and he's been available for trade to other teams but teams haven't went after him because of fit also... Spacing is what wins now in NBA...

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Harrell can shoot better than Faried.

We pretty much have a Faried-lite on a second rounder contract. Can't really complain about that. He's going to be a fan favorite soon.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Faried isn't a good fit here, but he's also on a big contract and would be the starter.

Harrell, if he develops, will be a backup player who is played in limited minutes. I don't think anyone is calling for him to be the starting 4 or playing 35 minutes a game.

12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Faried has NO defense, he can just block shots. That's what T Jones has. This guy was a great defender, and has tank treads for legs. How many times have you seen someone block a shot with their head? Reach and vert are the key stats, great pick, and insurance policy has been inacted.

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I get that feeling as well. His high energy and flashiness will be liked here.

14. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Exactly. Faried is a really nice energy player but his mediocre defense kill his value to a team. He can make the big blocks but just isn't strong enough to handle great low-post players. Harrell has a much more powerful base and isn't as likely to get backed down as Faried.

Faried w/Defense is an excellent role player and it's what this guy has the chance to become.

At the very least, I think his energy and toughness should help TJones and DMo in practice. I doubt we have all 3 of those guys on the starting roster opening day, but if that's the case then Harrell will help make DMo and Jones more effective against stronger/tougher defenders because of all the practice they'll get against him.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The posters named Deckard and codell used to do that, but I was never sure if it was on purpose. :confused::(

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Faired a weak defender and too small to be guarding back to the basket players like D-Mo. In fact, Donuts killed Faried last year on every game I watched. If anything, Harrell is Fried on roids.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This pick just goes along with something I've said for a while now, you don't give athletic tweener forwards like Terrence Jones new contracts, you just draft a new one. That's pretty much what Morey did here.

18. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Great Value at #32.

Ladies and gentlemen; you are looking at the Kenneth Faried v 2.0.

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Oh yeah, who would you have picked at 32?

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I think morey is building a team of all forwards.. except harden... that are all long, fast, can shoot threes, and play defense. This whole guard play will be a thing of the past. The prototype of the future will be someone like Lebron James... He can basically guard everyone from PF to Guards. We're gonna make curry and thompson shoot over Capela, Ariza, McDaniels, Harrell. Let's see someone try to set a pick on a fast 6'8" 240 lb Harrell.