1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NBA Draft/1-18] Sam Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like the pick?

1. YES

539 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

155 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How long is the clip? How many 3's has he attempted. Take almost any guard/forward and you can get a 5-10 minute clip of made 3's.

Shot chart from Grantland doesn't look great.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have no problem comparing him to Yi Jianlian or Yao Ming if he happens to pick up their game skills..... ;)

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

3s and dunks. Senior. Ready to play now.

This is such a Morey pick.

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Too bad we couldn't draft Black also

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[youtube]KGJzhzGfqDI[/youtube]

6. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I think the Rockets will attempt to play him more at the 4 than the 3 since he's not much of a shooter. There, it'll just be a matter of whether he can rebound. I'm skeptical, but he does have a standing reach a bit higher than Draymond Green's.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sorry it's late... Tyus

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Morey never does anything to make a player expendable BUT this gives him more flexibility with Brewer & KJ. If one of them has an asking price out of Morey's range, well Dekker could certainly step in next year. Same with Harrell, he's more of a project, but if you find a good deal for TJ, you've got a guy with a similar skill set that could step in if necessary.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did you guys not watch the NCAA tournament?
    Did you not notice the trend of athleticism and versatility in the NBA?
    Do you not see how Golden State is constructed behind Currey?
    Is this the first time you've seen Morey make moves toward value and flexibility? Or prepare for possibilities he can't control?

Dekker adds the most value, versatility and defensive flexibility we could get with the options available at pick#18. He can play the 4, the stretch 4, the big 3 and defensively you can put him on anyone from a big 2 to a small 5.

He's there if we have to trade Ariza, Paps or lose Brewer, he has the potential to grow into a quality starter. For all these same reasons, he holds a lot of trade value if we don't lose Brewer or Ariza.

I think he's a lock to see rotation minutes the way Paps did before the injury.
    I think he will be on the Rockets for the length of his rookie contract because he fills so many holes for the money. I think he will be the 3 of the future, but you never know that far out.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude talks too much for a Rook. Just heard his interview with 790. Almost Parsons like with the over the board talking. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another egotistical narcissistic, obnoxious ******* like Chandler

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

if you talk the talk
    then walk the walk

You don't get to the NBA without drive and self-confidence

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

To be fair, he wasn't a senior, he was junior. About the same age as Capella.

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we shoot a lot of threes but don't forget we love points at the rim. We just got the best wing player interms of finishing at the rim. When he joins the 300 3's made a day club he'll only get better.

14. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I heard the same interview. Don't know why you say he talks too much. He just answered the questions. He said was he was glad to be drafted finally,was a little later than they thought but God has a plan, looking forward to being a Rocket, ready to come to Houston and help contribute, glad he can lose the coats, follows baseball and football, watched the NBA play-offs, knew a little about Parsons debacle, loves the way Ariza plays the game and likes to pattern his play after him.

15. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

On a team so heavily reliant on 3s, we need shooters. Dekker can shoot and score. He can create his own shot. Good pick.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Handles better than Ariza. Hope he defends as well...

17. ironariza

ironariza Member

I think maybe he hate parsons so much that...to dekker....?

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Here is our interview with @<a href="https://twitter.com/dekker">dekker</a> from this morning. Fun guy who is already down with the Astros: <a href="http://t.co/pzLiZSHEk8" title="http://www.sports790.com/onair/the-proper-gentlemen-of-sports-52356/sam-dekker-on-pgs-13714020">sports790.com/onair/the-prop…</a></p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/614421960617914369" data-datetime="2015-06-26T13:16:25+00:00">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll take an egotistical narcissistic obnoxious ******* like Chandler if he can ball in the NBA and is on a rookie contract. He's already halfway there.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah he should of pull a marshawn lynch interview right, idiot...