1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Maybe LMA having Houston as #1 choice was something Cyberx couldn't put out there because of his job?

2. newAge_Rockets

The Clippers would jump on that in a heartbeat if it was offered.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Doc wouldn't put something like that out there if it had no traction..

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

first Doc basher that posts today should be mercilessly trolled. chances are it will be a millennial. ;)

5. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

DMO+Brewer+Kpap+Bev+Capela+#18+#32+future first round pick+<=>LMA

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeeeeeeezus, no way.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

maybe. wouldn't be bad for the rockets either.

i doubt anything like that goes down tonight. morey's move will be to strike out on LMA and love, etc... THEN look to resign our own free agents, if they haven't moved on to other teams while we were making them wait... THEN use the NG contracts to trade for whatever roster holes need filling.

its a frustrating chain of events, but it works to "keep all options open."

if it were me, i'd jump on the news of ujiri wanting to blow up the raptors. offer him #18, #32, tj, papa, and prigs for lowry. resign all of our guys including pat, and call it an offseason.

8. malakas

malakas Member

He said that dont be surprised if you see lma in a rockets uniform. And that the rockets are really after him and love.

9. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Plan A - LMA to HOU for Ariza (conveniently replaces Batum), Papa, Capela, 18th pick.
    or Plan B - Jamal to HOU for Papa and Jones/18.

Given - Llull is coming.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn I shouldn't have went to sleep. I missed a lot. Today is going to be long day at work.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Plan A sounds great, even though it is unrealistic. Morey would have to throw a
    unprotected 1st pick plus the rights of Llull if Portland wants him and the 32nd too and cash(3M) to even get close to obtaining LMA.

Plan B- sounds atrocious. Sorry bud, no hard feelings I hope. Jamal is a 35 yr old shooter, and he is not worth going after with Jones or the 18th IMO.

12. newAge_Rockets

Totally agree with you there on the Lowry thing. Although, I bet Ujiri forces us into trading away D-Mo before Jones and maybe even takes a second first round pick from us.

13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

u tripping :confused:

14. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

LMA is a free agent. They won't get anywhere near equal value in a S&T. Or even decent value.

15. MONON

MONON Member

Why would Portland want Llull, when they have Lillard? :confused: Unless they like a lotta "L"'s. :grin:

16. saleem

We have no cap room to accommodate him. Dallas does, although I doubt that he will go there. The Spurs have the best chance of obtaining him IMO. The Rockets will face stiff competition to get him.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Live wants to be the main man. If the Lakers were to acquire both, then Love will be the 2nd or 3rd option. Now if they draft Okafor, Love will be the #1 option.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

While correct, if Aldridge presents them with a trade me to Houston or I sign with _________, and I can leave for nothing. Not saying it happens, but he has to agree to a sign and trade anyway. Anything of value would be better than nothing, especially if they are going the rebuilding route.

19. saleem

He could be a backup to Lillard, and get some minutes at the 2 spot. Yeah, he isn't ideal for them, but I have a feeling that they will like his attacking style of play.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Llull is not coming lul.

His game won't translate. Way too overhyped. Trust me. You will be wanting Bev back if Morey chooses him over Bev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.