1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Single biggest reason why Kings shouldn't trade Cousins:

He is a top talent that WANTS to be in Sacramento

2. malakas

malakas Member

At the very least the Kings should salary dump BOTH their bad contracts to the Lakers.
    Batum trade confirms that Lma is leaving. And the Hornets are locking themselves in treadmill land.
    Ugh everyone keeps saying that tomorrow will be specacular with so many trades. It better not dissapoint!

3. Rocketfan94

Rocketfan94 Member

In VLADE we Trust

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

I fail to see why rebuilding is such a bad thing with DeMarcus Cousins as your center piece. He's 24 years old or is that now considered old?

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

You think that trade opens up an Ariza for LMA deal?

6. malakas

malakas Member

Do you honestly think that no other team in the league can offer a better rebuilding package to the Kings??:rolleyes: ofc they can but the agents are pushing the players to la. So yes. They are gifted superstars for free as they have been in their whole franchise history. And cousins has no power or leverage to push himself out. He is not an expiring. He has3 more whole years.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Good points, but same thing can be said about lakers... I'm not a lakers hater I watch all basketball and trade season is always interesting to me in general not just rockets.

With that said lakers can hold on to all their assets and draft okafar, and wait until Kobe is for after this season and still have free agents come with holding on to all their assets. Why rush now to get cousins when love, butler, Westbrook others wouldn't mind coming to a attractive market for their brand and live in southern Cali.

So this can be a bad trade on either side of you ask me.

Cousins isn't a proven winner. I could see if this was a. Davis

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Logical thinking...the sworn on enemy of the Sacramento Kings

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Shouldn't Sacramento hate the lakers? Like would this be like if morey shipped harden off to the mavs?

10. malakas

malakas Member

At this point i only assume that LMA has made it clear to portland fo that hes out and they have accepted it. So its only up to Lma. If he loves houston that much and wants to force his way there only then yes. Portland would be happy to get smth out of this.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Because they wont sign love if cousins isnt there probably. One star brings the next. There will many suirors for all these superstars.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Why is shipping Batum off lead everyone to believe that LMA is leaving Portland? I'm not following....

13. Rocketfan94

Rocketfan94 Member

Like I said, just going from the Woj report. You and I have no idea what is or isnt offered. This notion that Lakers are "gifted" with stars is just you being a hater and not being smart. Sacremento may feel Cousins is not right guy leading them to a championship, and I wont disagree, dude is a miniscule defender, and is still a behaves like a baby.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Shipping him out smells like a rebuild which would occur if they were certain they were losing LMA.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thank you. The Kings DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. There's some kind of perception that they do, but when you really look at the substance of it, it's just Fegan and DMC whining and moaning. Nothing more.

16. malakas

malakas Member

They traded away a valuable piece for a rookie and a filler. Teams that want to keep their big star dont trade for rookies like that.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. They aren't contending right now, anyway. He could sit on the bench and pout until I'm good and ready to make a move, if I'm the Kings. I don't understand the narrative that suggests they have to get something done by tomorrow when there are yeeears left on his contract.

18. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Can we trade basketballholic and malakas for bandwidth and future consideration?

19. malakas

malakas Member

Hes not a minuscule defender. Hes one of the best centers in the league only 24 and with more 3 years in relatively bargain contract. You dont have to be a genious to realise that many teams who n the league would offer better packages that a high picm and a rookie with a broken leg.

20. malakas

malakas Member

What did i do to you?....

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.