1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Damn
    Cousin
    Clarkson
    Love (possibly)

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

:mad::mad::mad:

3. solodolo

solodolo Member

Guys it's the kings and george karl is the coach oh and that stauskas owner !

I actually can see them trading cousins lmfao

I'm just ready for that cousins has been traded to lakers for the 2 pick , Randle , and jeremy Lin's adidas shoe

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's very hard to be a more hate-able franchise than the Lakers...

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jesus Christ it looks like the Lakers are going to get gifted an all-star big AGAIN. :eek::mad::(
    When will this end?

Shaq, Pau, Dwight, now Cousins?
    What the **** are they packaging under the table to get so many one-sided deals?

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

They are banking on the fact that Okafor + Randle would be even better, and are, I suppose, aiming for 3-5 years down the road. So I suspect Gay, Collison, Landry will all be unloaded for the right deals (I'd personally give up TJ for Collison if there are major doubts about Llull coming over, but I'm short sighted).

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Mario Hezonja, the Kings new franchise player?

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Lol, oh so naive :grin:

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Cyber, Any chance we go for Gallo?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly...if they land the 2nd pick, Randle, and Clarkson (who actually was pretty good last year), that's not a bad haul.

However...as we all know, team getting the best player in the trade wins 98% of the time. It's absurd how often the Lakers are gifted franchise players.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The whole league is run by agents. They can dictate anything once problems between players and ownership/ management starts taking place. And the big markets usually get what they want. Dwight was an exception, and the Spurs were very lucky to draft Duncan after tanking.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If the trade goes down before tomorrow afternoon, and the Kings get what they should ask for, its a good trade.

The Kings do not need salary back in return. The Lakers have the cap space to absorb Cousin's salary straight up. Of course the deal couldn't be completed until July but they could agree to terms and allow the Kings to pick their player at #2 + Randle + Clarkson + the Rockets 1st rounder in this draft.

If the Kings are asking for that, and they should be, then its a pretty damn good deal.

I know the Kings want to win now, but that's great value any smart GM would take. If they don't they are complete idiots.

Now from a negotiation standpoint all they need is a solid counter offer to leak out there strategically in order to force the Lakers hand. They are going to make this trade one way or another. No way they walk on the chance at Cousins.

Given that so few teams in the West want to see the Lakers get Cousins and retain assets like Randle, etc., I have a feeling other teams (possibly even the Rockets) will play along and give offers just to make the Lakers pay up to get DeMarcus.... as they should.

13. NotChandlerParsons

It sounds like their management/ownership situation is/has been pretty toxic. I'm not sure how much of this is made up, but Karl has a history of not getting on with players, and Ranadive's decision making has been poor.

14. Garner

Garner Member

VLade gets this

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's a good trade in the context of the Kings handcuffing themselves to Karl. It's not a good trade for the future of their franchise. Remember, Cousins is under contract through 2018. He has zero leverage. The best move for the Kings is to stand pat, since Cousins is a clear franchise talent, and use the next year or two to try and rebuild the relationship. It's not like these things can't be salvaged -- just look at Hakeem in the early 1990s. The Kings aren't those Rockets, but with 3 years left on the contract, I think you owe it to yourself to at least TRY with a player of that caliber. Worst case, you can still get full value for him in 2016, since all teams would still be willing to gamble on him with multiple years left on the deal.

Cousins and Dan Fegan are trying to create leverage that isn't there and make it seem like Sacramento's hands are tied. They aren't. He's signed through 2018 and there are no out clauses. The LA offer is good for the Kings under the premise that Sacramento "must" do a trade. They don't. Honestly, if Karl won't come around, what the Kings should do is fire him and rebuild with a coach of Cousins' choosing... but they're probably too cheap to do that. So, we're here.

Moral of the story: if you're a small-market franchise with a temperamental superstar, you should probably make sure he signs off on the coaching choice if it's reasonably possible.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I truly hope this is right and I hope the Rockets and every other playoff team does at least something to bump the price. No sense in helping to make the Lakers better by not forcing them to cough up fair value.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

kings won 29 games last year cat. I understand cousins is good but he's not A.Davis putting his team on his back getting into playoffs.

randel
    clarkson
    okfar #2
    rockets #28

and kings will still keep their #6 mudiay thats a solid deal to rebuild on. ad unload landry contract.

Free agents aren't lining up to play for the kings and cousins (but rondo) and cousins will leave anyway in 3 years so might as well sell high and move on. once again they haven't made the playoffs since he's been there

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd bet Sacramento holds out looking for a King's ransom for Boogie, knowing full well that the Lakers are desperate to make a splash because nearly 100% of their fanbase are bandwagoners who are quickly abandoning them for the Clippers or Warriors. If they don't make a move soon, they won't have much of a fanbase left.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

3 years!!! If you make a quality coaching hire and you have a high draft pick, why not take ONE of those years to hope you hit jackpot before hitting the reset button and starting over?

The issue for me is that I don't think 2016 Cousins will have any less value than 2015 Cousins -- so why not gamble on the upside of a new coach and the No. 6 overall pick? It'd be one thing if you were staring at a steep depreciation in the value of the asset (Cousins), a la Magic with Dwight in July 2012, but I just don't believe that's the case here.

There's a reason most stars that seek trades aren't dealt with three years remaining on their contracts.

20. Rocketfan94

Rocketfan94 Member

Im just tired of these whiny little rockets fan feeling as if Lakers are just getting Superstars for "free." Though the Kings are essentially the most disfunctional front office in the league, they are professionals and doing what is best for the Kings. Just going off of Woj's report, the Kings essentially can officially rebuild instead of sucking with Cousins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.