1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Bruno

Mr. Bruno Member

1 person likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because you know for sure he is a beast on the NBA level....

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't even know how this is possible capwise, but could we get Llull and Lawson as well? Imagine a three-headed monster of Harden, Lawson and Llull at the guard position. I say that combo would be good enough to match or beat the Warrior's backcourt.

For those three guys, I am willing to lose Bev and Brewer (let KJ be the new Brewer).

The Warriors had the most the talented roster this year. Coupled that with unusual good health and they had an incredibly deep team. If we are to beat them (we lost 7 out of the last 8 games), then we need to develop a team as deep as they are. With injuries all around nearly all the playoff team, I say we can not have too much talent.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

Better be safe than sorry: is it really smart to overpay euro PG when you already have cap issues and PG is the easiest role to fill with star in today's NBA?

6. Nook

Nook Member

Over pay?

They wouldn't be overpaying, and yes it is smart to bring him over.

7. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

I don't see what he can't do at least as good as Dragic

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rockets have offered him 23.8 million over the next 3 seasons

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Dragic already proven NBA player, Llull has yet to play in NBA. When Dragic and Llull play during summer in international tourneys, representing their countries, Dragic is an absolute beast, borderline top 5 player in every tournament. Llull is no where near Dragic. Sure, Llull plays on star crowded teams, but I just can't agree with your "comparison" of these two. We'll see. Hope I'm wrong.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Link please. It sounds highly doubtful, because of the lack of cap space.

Ok, I saw the link on the previous page. Still sounds improbable to me, because of the lack of cap space.

#750 saleem, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Hoops Hype is reporting the same. Don't know how legit they are.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

And also this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets make Sergio Llull $24 million offer. <a href="http://t.co/9WTpLSGbVp">http://t.co/9WTpLSGbVp</a> <a href="http://t.co/lNH8cDlbrO">pic.twitter.com/lNH8cDlbrO</a></p>&mdash; HoopsHype (@hoopshype) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/612947339402178561">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#752 J.R., Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

[youtube]ukR4CiRHQG8[/youtube]

I guess they made the offer after he did this yesterday?

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If Llull comes over I will hold no grudges. Overall stats aren't screaming anything special to me but he looks like a fiery individual, and those highlights from his last game... That step back was filthy. If he is our upgrade at pg I support it, let's hope Morey has a backup plan just in case, so we don't get boshed at the eleventh hour. I'm sure he has something lined up to pull off if Llull bails.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Agree. Even if it's a 4 year MLE contract with max raises, still only comes out to 22.7 million... To make cap space we'd have to renounce a bunch of free agents. This just doesn't make sense...:(

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

24 million over 3 years doesn't seem do-able without freeing up capspace by trading away large contracts. 24 million for four years, maaaaybe.

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Who would we have to trade? Would this impact resigning brewer, smoove and kj?

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Is that possibly a back-loaded contract? Something like MLE, 9, 9 for example.

Considering the huge cap hike next year, if a back-loaded contract for Llull is allowed by the CBA, I think Morey might do it.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If pg was so easy a position to fill Morey would have done more than Prigioni @ the deadline