1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

rondos value is as low as it has been which makes it seem like a morey-type move. He had issues with a micromanaging coach and we all know Mchale will let him have his freedom. Could be a low-risk, high reward. His inability to consistently hit the 3 is the biggest issue.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I wouldn't mind Rondo, but the entire team and coaching staff would have to be on board. I personally think Rondo wanted to go to Houston. But the feeling wasn't mutual between he, Harden, and Howard.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My cousin's uncle's baby momma's brother in law told me the same thing.

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Another thing about Rondo..

The best coach for Rondo is McHale. A guy who can let him play freely. However, guys like Harden and Howard will demand looks. Don't know how that will settle with Rajon..

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Rondo would sign a two year deal here(with a player option for next year of course). He wants to prove he's still a top PG then get paid next summer.

I haven't been a fan of Rondo lately. But Dallas was a horrible fit, He could be more effective here if he can work on his corner 3s. Lawson might be our best option but Rondo might be the cheapest and easiest target to acquire.

6. bmd

bmd Member

I would take literally any other PG in the league over Rondo. ANY point guard.

He actively hurts teams and makes them worse.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Austin Rivers? Who is he? can he play basketball or football ?

8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Does anyone else still giggle like crazy whenever they think about how the Rondo situtation turned out in Dallas?

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Sounds like a Trojan horse from Cuban to me.....

10. basketballholic

That is true.

However, now the situation is different. Like I said, we wont necessarily have to give up assets for him. And he's playing from a deficit. In other words he would be playing here to EARN a nice contract. So, he's got a lot more incentive to cooperate and make it work if he were to come here.

He's definitely not option #1 for us at this time. But he is an option. And there is some interest.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Rondo would make it point to get them the ball in scoring position. He's looking to pass most of the time so I don't think he's gonna take shots a way from others. I actually believe he will increase there average shot attempts per game(less turnovers) especially Harden. Harden is a amazing catch and shoot player but most of the time he's creating his own shot.

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Lol.... Happy father's day

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At this point I'll take any chance we can get. With or without Rondo we're not winning a championship with this current squad. Its gambling time.

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Iam kind of in the same boat here...i dont mind take gambles , he will add alot to this team, alot of things that we really lacked last year. He cant shoot but he will bring physicality, defense, an attitude, a great basketball mind at PG spot, rest to harden, give dwight alot of easy shots, and playmaking( give harden rest)..i dont like harden and rondo combo at the guard position but i could see how he will make us better...not my first option but wont be disappointed if we took a one year gamble on him

15. RedRedemption

Worst case scenario we trade him mid-season.
    Best case scenario he becomes an all-star caliber player again.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Worst free throw team ever.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better late than never. : )

#37 Plowman, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  18. Play07

Play07 Member

I don't care about his no shooting the 3, get a 4 that can and stretch things out for us.

My problem is FT shooting if jones, smith, Capela all are getting mins next yr.

Howard & rondo shooting bad fts is enough, anything else is just too much

19. RedRedemption

Defenders are going to be so confused on who to foul that they can't decide and we get easy layups.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

He might have been our MvP in the Dallas series...