1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travel destinations others love but you don't care for

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Jun 8, 2015.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

And the best:
    [​IMG]

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

In addition to Vegas and Cancun, I'll add Los Angeles.

the Downtown is dead..

Hollywood is actually pretty disgusting...

The various beaches are okay, but nothing all that memorable...

Pretty much have to drive everywhere...not many places where you could just park your car for a day, feel safe walking around, see some sites, go to a museum, eat at a good local food joint for lunch and dinner, etc, then get in your car and go back to the hotel.

Anyway, I'm sure there are nice parts scattered around the LA area, and obviously there are nice areas to live. But as a tourist, it's not really what I'm looking for.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Spain.

It's just kinda meh.

Food isn't spicy

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'm not rich by any standards, in fact I'm a broke college student who got to go to Dubai for vacation once and I did not enjoy it.

5. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, but I can drive to Houston for that, minus the gangrape and dysentery.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Been to India... Avoid it.

Seriously.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

San Francisco. Just seemed really meh to me. Nothing real special about it.

Not sure if other people "love it" but Toronto was nothing to write home about either. It was a fun trip because of the people I was with, but I wouldn't go again.

Not sure how many of you have been to the beaches in the Carolinas- but that kind of sucks too. No nightlife, no restaurants, nothing. Just housing developments and a few ****ty beaches. And you have to drive everywhere.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Garden District is beautiful. There is a lot of history and culture there that I enjoy. The food is magnificent, too. The French Quarter gets old, I agree, but there is a lot more to the place.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Don't know where you went in Spain, but I was there for a month and it was awesome. Then again, I was with a Spaniard, so I'm sure my experience was different.

Venice is terrible. You can see 90% of it in a day, just a major tourist trap.

Paris smells like piss.

Prague was a disappointment. Maybe because everyone hyped it up over the past decade; I wasn't impressed.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rapists love India.

I do not.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

thats good we don't want u back :grin::grin:

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Madrid and Granada. I hear Barcelona and the beaches are better

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Any vacation that consists of sitting on a beach. There is nothing more boring and wasteful of time and money than "relaxing" on a damn beach.

14. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I don't really think Toronto is overrated in any way. It already has a pretty non-existent reputation to begin with. If anything, I'd say it's underrated.

Outer Banks in NC are nice.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Haha, that was me too as recently as a few years ago, but the wife loves the beach and always drags me along kicking and screaming. Now, I've learned to really love it too. Doesn't get more relaxing than falling asleep to the sound of seagulls and waves. Great way to recharge.

One thing I will not do is lay in the sun and tan. I don't do the beach without an umbrella (and cooler full of assorted alcoholic beverages).

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Got to add El Salvador in there. Some of the worst food I've ever tried is Salvadorian food

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I am going to the beach at the Outer Banks next week. Sitting on a reclined chair in the sun, drinking rum, fishing and watching the waves crash and girls walk by when I don't have another worry in the world sounds like my personal heaven. I don't really like most people so things like cruises sound pretty awful. If I get bored I can go fishing, kayaking, get a little drunk, go swimming or hit up some good restaurants or local attractions or activities. It is soothing, like a massage for my mind. Different strokes.

[​IMG]

I don't want every vacation to be a beach vacation though. I do want some crazy trips every now and then. I didn't always like beach trips though, when I was younger I always wanted to go "do something" but not anymore.

I can't wait for beach naps. I haven't had a vacation in 3 years.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sedona, Az. The area around it is amazing but the town itself was one of the worst tourist traps I've seen.

I agree with FB about Miami. I liked Little Havana but while the beach was nice at South Beach didn't care much for the scene.

I haven't been as a kid but I have very little interest in going to London.

19. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

New York City. I have been four times and leave disappointed each time. It's so expensive, the restaurants are overrated, the people are rude, and it takes forever to get anywhere. People talk about how great it is...I just dislike pretty much everything about it.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I didn't care much for NYC when I was there. But the wife wants to go, so I'll give it another shot.

I can't really think of a place that I just hated though. I'm happy just to be having an adventure with my family or friends most times.