1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Yes, that's exactly who I am.

I agree with all of you guys that finding that PG/secondary creator next to Harden is by far the most important thing this team needs to do.

I've just been a fan of Taj for a long time and always thought he'd be an ideal PF next to Dwight/Harden. I understand that trading for a non-AllStar PF is just a very strange deal for the Rockets to make. But I think he'd really help us.

No more Taj talk from me on this thread unless we're linked to him. Just thought he deserved to be mentioned.

2. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

For those who are interested On FirstTake Brew talked a little about adding a ball handler next season and focuses for next season as if he expects to be here, said we don't need to add a big behind D12 because we would have had one had D-Mo not gotten hurt...The rest was his Finals analysis, his stance on Hack a Howard, and his thought on Harden's playoff performance

1 person likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="480" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e6MdQDDK3LA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It seems the players and the fans are on the same page as far as what is needed for this team to take the next step. Above all, however, the Rockets just needs to go through a whole year reasonably healthy. They certainly overachieved in the regular season and playoffs with so many injuries, which is really a great sign for the near future if you believe in the law of averages, namely that we will have one of those years when everything is just clicking.

Sign a starting quality pg, try to bring Bev back, and a third stringer pg for insurance. We are not too far, so these minor upgrades are attainable.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Excited that Brew is counting himself as a member of the Rockets next season. Maybe cyber really misspoke and meant Smith instead of Brew.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

bbholic and malakas. Legends. :grin:

7. rockets13champs

Offseason predictions. We re-sign all our main guys. Bev gets close to going to mavs but morey steps up anf bev stays loyal.
    I think few scenarios can happen.
    1. We trade up with Knicks to land mudiay
    2. We sign either Brandon Knight, or trade for Jennings, or Lawson
    3. We get Llull somehow he has a change of heart and comes to Houston
    Most likely i think we end up with either Brandon Jennings because Morey can get him for low value. And it can pay off bigtime. But if we get Jennings we will let Beverley walk due to cap reasons and pick up Power Forward Trey Lyles in the draft.
    We will sign Prigioni for a low end contract and he will back up Jennings. With our 32nd pick we should look at Terry Rozier he may be the steal of the draft him and Nick Johnson off the bench will give us a show to watch. Until rozier earns Mchales trust Terry will be the predominant 2nd PG off our bench.
    Our 2015-2016 lineup will be
    C Howard/Capela
    PF Dmo/ Lyles/ Josh Smith
    SF Ariza/Brewer/ KJ McDaniels
    SG Harden/ Nick Johnson
    PG Jennings/ Terry/ Rozier
    Kostas+Tjones traded for Jennings

8. malakas

malakas Member

I dont know that I am a legend but ok..:confused:

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I like Brew and what he brings, but I'd trade his energy and defense for a player with brains and a jumpshot in a second.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Next year's guard rotation other than Harden - whole bunch of Ls

Lowry/Llull/Lin

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

And a lot of L's in our record also if that last L is on our team.

12. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

The Jennings scenario would be interesting, if the Pistons lose Moose to free agency that will leave a big hole at PF...They already have Reggie Jackson (If they choose to resign him) to fill the starting PG spot...A package of TJ and K-Pap for Jennings would make sense for both sides given the hypotheticals

1 person likes this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just going by the post count on here mate. :cool:

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ric Bucher. So take it for what it is worth.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-texas-team-to-lure-lamarcus-aldridge-away

So, for Aldridge, returning to TEXAS has appeal. Spurs are not high on his list and we're unsure his feelings regarding an aging Dallas roster.

If only there was another Texas team that had a need for a PF and was a title contender!

1 person likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Sure it would make sense. For the pistons. But why would the rockets trade for someone who posted in twitter two days ago that he will retire next year and then deleted it. Achilles has been the death sentence of many carreers.

16. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

pls god no more LIN.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yeah that's the key thing with Jennings. If he comes back the same player, I would love him next to Harden. Good shooting, playmaking, and he brings that unpredictability that only Harden brought last year (which makes it somewhat predictable).

It just seems like that achilles injury is too much of a risk unless Detroit just gives him away to clear salary.

18. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I'm both a Rockets and a Pistons fan, it was my understanding that Jennings was progressing fairly well from his Injury...The dude posts a lot of well uh questionable;) things on social media...Gotta take his posts with a grain of salt...Les talked about taking risks, Jennings has a good relationship with both Harden and Smoove...My trade talk is based upon the assumption that Jennings can get back to the level of Play he had reached during the Detroit win streak...Of course we don't know what he'll look like until he hits the court

19. malakas

malakas Member

Lol. Im also a bucks fan and im very accustomed to jennings...habits. I dont think its a good sign when a Player is trying to make a comeback from such a serious injury to talk about retirement even as a joke. And we both know how much jennings game depends on speed. And his ...mental fortitude. I would bet much more on someone like matthews to remain focused in his rehab than jennings. Besides he wont be ready by august to play. If hes traded it will be either as a dump for svg to clear space or at february when he will have more time to show if hes back and grow his value.
    The rockets shouldnt waste precious assets will on someone who may very well be done.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I'll believe Aldridge coming to Houston when I see it. I don't foresee any big moves like this in the coming FA.

Just the basic Bev, Smith, Brewer decisions with an MLE upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.