1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/21/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 20, 2015.

1. Flop

Flop Member

ESPN does not talk about Harden's baby girl enough during game 2 of the WCF, anyone else think so?

I don't want to hear this it.

2. nolenium

nolenium Member

Yo, you've got a weird persecution complex. Might wanna get that checked out.

ESPN, like our 24 hour news networks, is concerned about ratings and advertiser dollars. I'm sure everyone in Seattle was super upset at NBC during the '96 finals, also... boo-hoo, Michael Jordan gets too much screen time.

I guess that's why I don't give a ****; I don't watch pre/post-game ESPN, or half-time.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Highly unfortunate that the NBA seems intent on handing the Warriors the series through terrible officiating. The Rockets are putting forth a fantastic effort though. Harden was jaw-dropping tonight aside from that last play (where he got fouled too).

4. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Saturday is so far away.

5. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Um what? English please.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

The officiating in game 1 was horrendous, but no way game 2 was due to officiating. We got some calls that should not have been called and vice versa. They just outplayed and out hustled us. I'm stunned we were even in the game, because as a good a game we played the 1st, this one was far worse. It was all Harden and some minutes of good defense. It's time for our bench to step up, to focus way more on defense positioning and help defense and we'll be fine. We have to work hard for almost every basket, while we simply give away baskets at the other. The Warriors are just making less mistakes on defense so I had to give them credit.

7. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Man they had 31 assists....I am jealous.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great effort last night. Even though we were playing 5 on 8, we never gave up and had a chance to steal this game. Harden was awesome, this man is in a freaking zone. I just hate it when the refs doesn't call the game both ways. They robbed him and the Rockets of this game. J. Smooth robbed us of this game as well. Dwight missing these dang free throws robbed us of this game. Pablo what is the world was you doing, he robbed us of this game.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Another thing it's amazing how the bandwagon fans come from underneath the woodshed. All of sudden everybody on this rig I'm on is a Warriors fan. Jokers talking about it's over. Man get the bleep out here with that nonsense. We will win both games in Houston to tie this thang up.

10. hopn

hopn Member

Nobody gave us a fighting chance, Vegas had GS winning by 10 and 11. The Rockets have proved them wrong. I'm very proud of what the Rockets have done in the last two games. GS is very beatable.

11. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

awwwh man don't show me that first thing in the morning. i already went to bed feeling bad that harden couldn't get a shot off and now i see the pass was on for a runaway freight train dunk down the lane. feck.

12. Texans

Texans New Member

Tough loss, but slowly I think the rockets have this team figured out now.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Would it be a solid strategy to try and trap Curry for most of the game in game 3? Would that wear out our players too much?

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

it has to be situational...I dont like trying to give anyone else any sort of shooting rhythm...take your lumps with Curry going off...but just contest him better...He gets so many open looks, mainly because of a ton of moving screens.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You don't do it all game. You pick your spots to disrupt their rhythm. The Warriors are incredibly turnover prone, maybe even more than the Rockets(at least in the postseason). So it's good to give them different looks on defense so they're never quite sure what to expect.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Those ******* smug warriors sons-of-b****es! They are not as good as they think they are.

If Josh Smith doesn't shoot a bunch of turds, then we win that game.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

p***y Warriors are lucky to escape with a 2-0 and defend homecourt

OTOH Rockets gave their all and still came up short.

I'm not sure if it's a positive or a negative. I'm happy that Rockets showed that we can hand with them but totally disappointed that we couldn't get a split. GSW are very capable of stealing one here just like we should have there

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another brutal loss. The last play was obvious a terrible brain fart for everyone but the rockets have proven they can play with GS, they just need to prove they can beat them. They gave away game 1 and fought back to have a great chance in game 2.

Obviously the role players need to step up and unfortunately, this team has to have Josh Smith ball out of his mind for a chance. Hopefully his mini- slump is done and he gets back in the game.

on another note, i can't believe how much the general media is praising GS as the next coming of christ. I watched some espn pregame stuff and the anchor made a comment that the "rockets better start praying right to win this game". so annoying.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

if we lose this series..no one will be talking about how we almost beat them in all these games.

no one remembers scores. just how good curry was and blah blah.

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Not blaming the refs....really, I'm not, but two absolutely key missed calls: obvious loose ball foul on green on the Jones rebound attempt, and the corner out of bounds miss off gs. Both led to gsw points, changed the complexion of the game at those moments.