1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has been hurt all year.

He is incredibly young.

He will improve, he is truly just off his game right now. He is capable of much, much more.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We know

We know

We know he is off his game . We also know he is capable of much more . The problem is that the things that are holding Jones back from playing well are not physical in nature as one would expect given his injuries . He constantly makes mental mistakes . As some posters have pointed out he is acceptable when he is aggressive however when he isn't taking open shots and is being out hustled on the boards Jones always hurts the team. He has all the skills all the talent to be a good role player but I'm not sure if mentally he will ever get there. Smith at least makes a good play for every bad play he makes . When jones isn't aggresive he only makes detrimental plays.

3. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

I accumulated WAY too much hatred for Aldridge when he was tearing us apart in the first round last year. Not sure if I could handle seeing him in red and yellow.

Let's reward the hard work Motiejunas has put in over the last year! Love D-Mo.

4. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

If we're going to trade him though, it absolutely needs to be while he still appears to be valuable.

5. Ryris

Ryris Member

Poor mans smoove. Need a three man rotation Capela smoove Howard (if healthy), and cut out jones minutes. Hes horrible at defense and gets blocked every time down the floor. Completely disrupts flow of the game. Their small line up killed us maybe run smoove atCenter if Dwight isnt dominating.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's inconsistent, he's had some great stretches this postseason, and obviously some not-so-great stretches.

I'd like to see how much he can improve with a full healthy season, this was almost like a wasted year for him.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just be grateful he is not injured. He did more good for the Rox than he hurt them in the first 2 playoff rounds.

With all the injuries to Dwight, Dmo and Bev.... Dmo and Bev cannot even get on the court.

Absent for months.... be grateful we are in the WCF and being competitive

8. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

His shot is UGLY. He is a good player when he focuses, but nothing more than a bench player, unless he gets tougher at the rim and learns to shoot and slams.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

We should try to trade him for an average point guard. Average = Good in a league full of great PG.

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Questionable motor in college carried over to the NBA, one game he brings it, the other not so much.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He was terrific in Game 1 and the final 6 minutes of Game 5 vs Dallas. He had good moments in Games 5 and 6 vs the Clippers and was solid in Game 7. And he was decent in the first few minutes of Game 1 vs Golden State.

The rest of the time, he's sucked in the playoffs. I understand he's only 23 and he certainly had his season somewhat derailed by the nerve and lung injuries. But what worries me is that there are fundamental things he's not good at. Finishing around the basket. The incredibly slow release on his jumpshot which doesn't go in very often. His inability to box out and grab rebounds. His poor rotations on defense.

D-Mo is a joke on the boards, but his offense is so good and his defense respectable enough that you can live with that deficiency(especially if Dwight is alongside him to grab those rebounds). T-Jones has too many drawbacks to his game right now, and I don't know how many(if any) of these will improve over time.

The biggest problem is the Rockets simply don't have the luxury of waiting. If they're going to try to get a PG this summer, it'll probably have to be via trade. Which means T-Jones(along with that NOP pick) may not be around much longer.

12. PJ86

PJ86 Member

How he misses lay-ups and shots around the basket with that athleticism is just baffling. Go up strong young fella, come on!!!

13. Play07

Play07 Member

We been hanging in there these playoffs, but read the sig, gotta have at least one shooter at PF.... Meyers Lenord would be perfect replacement.. Jones lack of FT shooting is just another big thing

14. count_dough-ku

We do have a shooter at PF. Unfortunately he's out with a back injury.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I have a love/hate relationship with T Jones... but DMOOOOOO

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If we get to the finals, T Jones would have had a big role in that. So when/if that time comes: I expect to see a thread something alone the lines of "Terrence jones is a beast".

He was horrendous today but come on guys, let's see what happens over the course of the series. It's like none of you learned anything from the last series, "smoove sucks", "Ariza is a bricklayer", "fire McHale".

I'm confident he's going to be a major contributor in game 2, and we get the win.

17. count_dough-ku

He's made contributions during the playoffs. But we can't afford his disappearing acts, not with the frequency with which they occur. I like Jones, but we can do better than that at the 4. Let's be honest. If D-Mo was healthy, Jones would be riding the bench most nights.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jones is up and down yes, but you guys sure do forget his ups really really quickly.

The guy was really the catalyst for that 3rd quarter comeback in game 6 against the Clippers before the band of brothers came in. The small ball lineup with him at the 5 was also very effective.

Kids.... The guy is very useful for this team to have on its roster. There is no reason to TRADE JONES ASAP. None. You have two other starting caliber PF's on the roster. If Jones is playing alot then there is a reason. Either Smith doesn't have it, or D-Mo is injured. I can think of no worse 3rd option for a team to have.

So calm the F down kids. Yes alot of you sound like spoiled children.

19. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Watching TJ around the rim reminds me of when Yao first came in the league. So many missed bunnies. Dunk the damn ball.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've seen enough. A 6'9 athletic guy who thinks he's a 6'0 point guard.

He's soft as Charmin.