1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Talk about bad luck for us, good luck for the warriors

2. Rocketfanatic2

Hurts to lose a game that was so winnable like that one was. Give Prigs some more of Terry's minutes and teach T-Jones how to make a layup and we should be alright. I feel like we just wasted James' great performance sadly.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So why can't Let or Darryl grab McHale by his cheeks and say "listen here"? This is a recurring theme and with guys like Thibs out there you wonder ... Morey says he's always trying to improve the team, that should apply to coaching too. Still early McHale could still redeem himself, but you gotta learn from your mistakes.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really mixed feelings about this game. Lots of fans seem okay with the loss, but we blew a huge opportunity here. Dwight getting hurt is just classic Rockets ****ty injury luck. I'm so pissed about that. We need a fully healthy Dwight to have any chance in this series. If he's limping around like he was in the 2nd/3rd quarters, we're done. He just has to somehow push through it.

We were in it late which was good but after it was tied at 97 we had some TERRIBLE defensive breakdowns and just totally imploded offensively with some awful turnovers. Not want you want to see in crunch time.

This game might be fool's gold to fans, looked like we hung in there well with the Warriors and they looked beatable tonight, BUT... I feel like they won't play this bad again this series on their home floor either.

Especially with Dwight hurt things aren't looking good.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We blew a golden opportunity. Next game will be tough.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I am usually the most critical fan after a loss but somehow I feel satisfied with our efforts. Credit to Harden as well; I still think he was only ok during the first two rounds of the playoffs but he was immense tonight.

7. Asian Sensation

Nice analysis however I'm gonna have to disagree on the no timeout in the second quarter. I thought it was the right move especially since the players wanted to keep it going and try to stop the bleeding themselves. It was a classic move or none move rather that Popovich utilizes and PJ utilized when he coached.

Hear me out... That's one of their classic runs where they make a double digit lead disappear in a matter of minutes whether you call a timeout or not. They did it all regular season and they did it against both NO and Memphis multiple times.

I think a timeout would've gotten our players more rattled especially since we were controlling the game up until that run and taken away our confidence if Coach called a timeout especially when they wanted to stay on the floor. Also, calling a timeout in that situation would've made Oracle even louder.

The best way to stop those types of runs is to answer the basket by scoring quickly in return. We tried doing that... Just didn't execute.

If there's anything one should know about the Warriors it's that no lead is safe. You can't watch the clock against them or try to hang on to a lead. You have to keep playing. We got cold and made turnovers and they got hot and hit ridiculous shots.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think what's bull**** is all the trash GSW fans talk on a hurt player, I don't wish injuries on anyone but if Curry/klay had a knee injury can you imagine how much the series would change? I mean that's bull**** with some of the garbage I've read on other sites. I really hate this self entitled bull****, there aren't any guarantees until the series is over. I really hope D12 is okay and houston smokes these guys, their whole attitude sucks, I can't believe the NBA picked GS as their new favorite team, same w/ the media... I mean I know we're hated regardless, but GSW???! Lol, I only liked them when they were truly the underdogs, and that was w/ a completely different team back then.

9. rocketblood713

Hate that we lost but loved the way they pllayed they can win this series but they need Dwight

10. Flop

Flop Member

I'm just mad man. We are already missing our starting PG against the MVP along with our second best scorer and a good defender in D-Mo. Now, Dwight is hurt. He said he was in pain and he couldn't jump normally. We didn't see one alley-oop after the injury.

11. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

thank josh smith.. this series is over. howard is now ineffectual in this series thanks to josh falling on his knees. i know this is an accident but omg.. he is officially golden states mvp.. the rockets chemistry has changed. rockets would've won last night if josh decided not to fall on his team mates knees. hating on him right now.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Could have stole that one. Oh well.

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Wow. Unbelievable man.

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

Howard will probably be fine. To hate on Smith though, is just STUPID!!! It's basketball, stuff like this happens! Just ask this guy:

[​IMG]

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You make it sound like Josh did this on purpose ... jeez, dude. :rolleyes:
    Series over? Jeez, dude ... part 2. :rolleyes:

16. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I felt like when Harden had that hot run in the 4th there was no one on the Warriors that can guard James. James has to understand this. Thompson is an average defender and not as disciplined as Redick is. So Harden must keep attacking.

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He was pretty aggressive man, couldn't have asked much more of the beard in this one. Not having any rim protection down the final stretch (dwight) was what killed us.

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Harden went off after he realized howard was out... Good to see, unfortunately tj and smith had some crucial misses...

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

People keep saying the Warriors played poorly, but their numbers were actually about what they've been averaging for the playoffs. I think they were like 5% below their usual 3 PT% so expect that to rise but I think we should also expect our defensive efficiency to improve as well assuming a healthy Dwight and (much) better communication

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

Great game, they showed up and Harden is the MVP

yes , dumb turnovers...
    but the team was leading and they fought until the end...without Howard

proud of this team
    hopefully Howard is ok and we steal game 2