1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Jones was trash tonight, but is our opinion on him going to switch 180 degrees every single game?

Do not forget he started the epic Game 6 comeback and was solid vs Dallas.

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Dude i don't think we are out of the series....but as soon as terry came in for him we made a run, he's useless without dwight because he won't be open in the paint anymore...and its not just one game when it comes to his incompetency , he's been consistently bad throughout the playoffs , he's not built to play the `pf position its plainly obvious, he has no position in the nab and he can't shoot for ****....you can't shoot + your soft= bye bye jones

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This definitely wouldn't fit in an existing thread. Great insight OP.

4. malakas

malakas Member

It has always been my opinion that regardless of age, a player will show what he is/will be by the third year in the league. At most 4th for centers and pgs. It's very rare that someoe who hasn't shown improvement in his skillset in his first 3 years will be a late bloomer. There are exceptions but few and far between.

I think his number one problem is Bball IQ and unfortunately that's not fixable.

5. valorita

valorita Member

His bball iq and mannerisms remind me of tyrus thomas

6. conquistador#11

i think the trading dead line has passed.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Most frustrating player. At times great at times completely lost.

He's like a streak shooter but without the shooting part

8. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

But it could get lost in an existing thread ....its a bigger problem then ppl here make it out to be , and he's proven it time and time again, but ppl get giddy when he makes a shot or gets 8 points.....hes playing against backups ffs and he's still getting overpowered and overmatched

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I really like Jones. He has the potential to be a force in the league, no doubt.

But times like these and in the past, you wonder if he is every going to realize that potential and make use of it. He has the potential to be a 18ppg, 11rpg, 2bpg player in this league but he rarely ever plays to that potential. We saw a bunch of that potential last year but then he fell off a cliff come the playoffs. This year, he was robbed of his health but even then it does not look like he has grown at all from last season.

I would package him and the NOP pick to get a quality PG here. Maybe a Jarrett Jack type player.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I think TJones's poor play was the difference between losing as opposed to winning tonight.

#50 Kwame, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he wil be traded some day too but not ASAP, not even this year, maybe in 1 or 2 years.

Who knows.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Just because you want people to see your opinion doesn't mean it deserves a thread of it's own. It rightfully should get lost in an existing thread.

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

TJ had a bad game. Missed TOOOOOO many easy layups. Missed too many rebounds. And should have been on the floor trying to get a couple of those 50/50 balls.

That being said: ***** ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO AT THIS TIME IS GOING OFF ON ANY OF OUR PLAYERS AND/OR COACH/GM. WE ARE IN THE WCF YOU *****TARDS! GTFO

14. malakas

malakas Member

Problem with that is that in just two games ago, people were hailing him as hero.
    Posters here should just make up their minds. (nt specifically you)
    Can't have every other day threads trade jones and jones is amazing!!!

He will have a contract year next season. It's time at least for the FO to make a decision one way or the other.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm just saying, there's way too much complaining and singling out, going on. Clippers completely took the HCA from us, and we still dug down deep and pulled it out in 7. It's not like one blown opportunity cost them the entire series. They had 3 chances to win, and didn't.

I'm not willing to give Jones 3 games to iron out his mentality, of course, but I'm also not ready to crucify him yet.

Obviously, the Warriors are not the Clippers (as the Warriors are so much better), but I don't think Jones was the biggest factor. A factor, sure, but not as big as, say, Terry's non-existent offense or Smith's butterfingers and bad decision making, at momentum shifting / crucial times during the game.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

This can be said for like, 85% of the GARM's threads.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Played like a punk. Hoping Morey can trade him and go after Schroder.

18. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

All this hate about ballaholic hating on TJONES. HE IS RIGHT ALL ALONG. TJONES SUCKS!!!!!

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

TJ is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen

He needs to go for dunks everytime and at least get fouled because his layups never go in

20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Point taken....next time ill just put the title as Tjones cost us game 1, will that make you feel better?