1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

errr *great player lulz

2. OpportunityCost

I think he said 'they were tough shots, and all ISOs and that Green and the other Warriors played good defense on him' or something along those lines.

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

So the Rockets didn't choke off a 16 pt lead before the half?
    It was a choke job. Face it

4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

And yes the refs help GS came back into the game we the diference was 16 pts.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Championship 2015. I smell the blood.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Good game. Not worried at all tbh. Hope D12 is ok but we need to see more Capela if Jones is gonna keep stinking up the joint.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Game 2 adjustment ... very beatable

8. Rocketsnbeyond

ESPN is just a bunch a bull. It's run by a bunch of idiots that hate on the Rockets. Our team is underrated. It be nice if we got a steal in game 2. Golden State only has Curry and Clay. If we made our free throws in this game we would have won even while Howard was on the bench late in the game.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

A silver lining tonight was CLINT FREAKING CAPELA!

He is going to be a beast come next season. All he needs is a good off season in the gym and film room.

20 years old
    Is training with two of the greatest low post player in the history of the NBA
    Already gets "it" as far as his strength
    Is not afraid of attacking the rim cough* Jones
    Already getting man sized rebounds and block shots
    Footwork is very good and can jump out of the gym

The future is now.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

But don't forget the most important part 'he's a great talent'... for everyone saying he was dissing Harden or whatever. Sounds like a compliment to me.

11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I have very good feeling about this series.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

terry has been on a 3 game slump now. he's hesitating on his open shots.

13. houseofglass21

Green giving us a bit of credit "Great basketball club they gave us everything we could handle tonight"

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Let me also mention that Golden State if they go on to win the title could be the beneficiary of the most injured slate of opponents any NBA champ has ever faced. New Orleans had Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday banged up. Memphis had Allen and Conley not only hurt but forced to miss games in the series. And now the Rockets already missing D-Mo and Bev have Howard hurt his knee early in the 1st quarter.

And unless they wind up facing the Hawks in the Finals, they'll have a Cavs team with a banged up Irving and no Love. I realize you can only play the opponents you're faced with, but that is some serious asterisk criteria right there.

2 people like this.
  15. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

Agreed. He has shown a lot in the last series. Terry's defense is a weak spot.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He's so open though!!! like, WIDE OPEN!!!

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

After what happened in the 2nd Quarter, I'm not confident at all. THOSE REFS!!!

I don't see us winning this series with such blatant rigging.

I agree today was a moral victory, and we really played the better game, but a loss is a loss. And I can see this happening all series long that we rack up the moral victories, but not the real ones. Even when we play out of our mind and not give the refs a chance to affect the game, they still do.

18. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden outplayed Curry tonight by a wide margin... statline

Curry is just playing with healthier bodies

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like Asian Sensation said, we beat ourselves. Actually, Smith's mistakes were a big part of that. He is what he is. He'll win us some games. He'll lose us some games. If we're lucky, he'll help us win more than we lose during this series. Golden State was ripe for a defeat. Letting them off the hook is hard to take. We'll have to make up for it next game. I'm worried about Howard, though. He didn't look the same after (who else) Smith fell on his leg. Just a bad break for the Rocks.

We can win this series. No doubt in my mind. We need to cut down the mistakes, the stupid turnovers. Play Capela more with Dwight banged up. Sit Smith if he's ****ing up. And Coach McHale? Next time the Worriers go on a run like that, call a freakin' timeout, OK? That was ridiculous.

Oh, and the refs? That was outrageous. They didn't cost us the game, but they sure as hell favored the Worriers, regardless of what durvasa thinks (sorry, bro).

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Prigioni needs to start, we were rolling with him in the line up