1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry & His Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Lose things can be found.. I mean punch him in the stomach or hit him so hard in the shoulder / chest that he would cough it up and maybe kick it into the stands afterwards.

2. malakas

malakas Member

okaaay tough guy. And cost your team by getting suspended. Okay.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

As I said, I did hate Barnes(that goes back years though). And at that point when Rivers did the stir the pot thing, I was angrier with the Rockets' heartless performance. And BTW, I'm not a big fan of the stir the pot thing anyway, so I don't mind someone goofing on it.

As for Griffin, he does bully his way to the basket and shuffle his feet a lot, but he's not a dirty player or a punk. Just a guy who gets superstar treatment. I don't like that, but are we gonna sit here and pretend that Harden doesn't get the same respect from the refs(aside from that game vs Memphis)?

Like I said, I think I gained too much respect for the Clippers after they knocked off the Spurs to truly hate them in our series. It's kinda like the Mavs after 2011. I used to really hate that team, but that was such an impressive and unexpected title run that I begrudgingly respected them after that. Although signing Parsons away from us and gloating about their supposedly superior roster did rekindle some of that hatred. :grin:

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Your not wrong about that, my point is I've read some posters saying Curry is a likable super star and it's hard to hate him just because he's good. What i'm saying is trust me, you WILL hate this annoying Brat by the end of the series.

To be fair to him, it's mostly the media attention he and his team gets that stirs up the hatred for me. People were picking them as favorites the year they got Iguodala. ESPN has been pushing for this narrative years now and I've been sick of hearing it.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Mahatma Gandhi with sneakers and a headband could dunk against my team and I would "hate" him. It's not hard to "hate" any team and player your team faces during a series.
    Noone here will root for Curry except for blind player bandwaggoners like what happens with Lebron's cult.

I don't know how can someone call Curry dirty though. He has this disgusting habit with the mouthpiece that drips on the floor but he does't trashtalk, sneaky fouls or gets on fights. He just doing his job for his team.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Get suspended, don't overreact now..

7. ibm

ibm Member

should jordan bite off his tongue? ~

8. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Isn't Curry's mouthpiece ESPN?

2 people like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The pot stir thing isn't gross. Cocky, arrogant, showboat, whatever but it's not gross. Sticking your mouthpiece out everywhere....with all that spit just dripping all over it UGH dude I can't even type a description that's just so grooosssssss
    I didn't realize until this series how completely often he is just head down running and jumping into groups of people and expecting favor from the refs to make it a legitimate basketball move. The merry-go-round circus shot he hit right before karma decided that was enough Clippers highlights...is a perfect example. He's literally just running directly at 3 guys who all stepped out of the way...realizes there's no "padding" for this landing and throws up a prayer. The guy is a physical anomaly, people aren't just that athletic. He's even improving basketball skills, that's obvious to even casual Clippers watchers like myself. But...he's so damned out of control on the court. Like he really can't control how fast he's going, decides to tank a couple people, gets his superstar call for it. That got me this series. At some point you have to say stop doing that, you're going to hurt someone. Stop doing that, it's not basketball.

Yeah you can't just punch him. It would make for good television but a bad basketball game. Honestly though, try to just poke it out when he sticks it out. He does it constantly. Almost like pulling down a headband, where's fransisco Garcia when you need him? I'd be sooooo grossed out but I'd be trying openly and honestly to pull it out every time he does it. It's a MOUTHpiece, not a chewpiece. I'd also be making all the breath jokes I could conjure.

Damn homie, you need some gum? Yo breff smell like Bogut's armpits.

10. malakas

malakas Member

WIN

really? You don't think that a player who punched someone hard in the stomach to make him drop his mouthpiece and then kick it in the standings would get suspended?

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What does arrogance have to do with biting on his mouthpiece? lol.

If you want arrogance, that's Harden after a big shot in the 4th quarter.

Curry chews on the mouthpiece out of habit and that probably puts him in a more relaxed state.

12. Rockfan

Rockfan Contributing Member

Going into this series, the only GSW I really don't like is Bogut. That guy is a dirty player; he would have fit in perfectly with the mid-90s Jazz teams. He's the kind of dude that will commit some type of foul every single possession on both ends of the court and never get called on it.

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

its driven me crazy all season. gonna piss me off this series

he gnaws on it like a pacifier

14. ibm

ibm Member

this.

15. SkeptiK21

SkeptiK21 Member

To be honest, I don't see why people think Curry is cocky. For a player who is as good as he is, he is actually quite likable and isn't the Westbrook's or CP3's of the world... I don't think I've seen him talk trash, just sayin.

That said, I hope we take this series and send these guys home ...

Go Rockets!

16. ibm

ibm Member

and this.

17. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Dwight will get baited into some stupid fouls going up against Bogut. Bogut loves to flop and Dwight loses control of his emotions too easily sometimes. Hopefully he can be smarter than he usually is and realize what kind of flopper he's going up against.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I hate everything about Steph Curry, so yeah... ***** THAT MOUTHPIECE!!

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

David Robinson used to do that all the time. Drive to his left, barrel into opposing players, and get to the foul line. I didn't like it, but I also didn't hate the guy for it. If you're that athletic for a big man and you can beat your guy off the dribble, may as well keep going to that move.

BTW, this is off-topic(sort of), but what's with all this talk suddenly about the Clippers hating each other? Apparently DeAndre doesn't like Chris Paul and Griffin doesn't like Paul(or is it DeAndre...or both?). When did that all start?

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

^dont try to edit your own curse words I guess lol

Just imagine 4 *'s and it'll make sense