1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 17, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Clippers have always had a high BPI and Hollinger always had them near the top in his power rankings. But then again he liked to keep the Mavs and about 10 other teams above the Rockets in his power rankings.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Jordan does deserve mention. Doesn't mean Rockets would've lost, but you know he does deserve mention. BUT, even that wouldn't matter if the Rockets/Astros/Oilers/Texans had other titles... they don't.

One thing is certain, if the Rockets win this year, Jordan will be mentioned less AND the Rockets will be an UNDESPUTED Top 5 NBA franchise.

3. forenzi

forenzi Contributing Member

Barkley had already experienced ( personally)an incredible comeback by the rockets. so he knew what he was saying

4. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Stephen A was horrible on First Take, though

He making excuses to justify his incorrect prediction.

5. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

There's this thing about IF's. They can't prove or disprove anything, ever. It's a strawman's foundation and only serves the weaker argument.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Who, in Houston, hates Harden?

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I think Missouri?

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Mike and Mike had an interesting tweet this morning about how the Rockets have 2 series wins this year, and only 1 in the last 17 years.

I wonder if they made any mention of GS, who have 2 series wins this year, and have 2 series wins and 3 playoff appearances in the last 20 years? I am going to guess that they did not.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

"IF" can serve whichever side of the argument AND is valid IF people are honest. But honesty usually doesn't happen during debates.

You've used IF scenerios in this very thread without even realizing.

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

That's the sort of thing a fan says. "They didn't us, we beat ourselves. We'll show them next time! It was a fluke!" The media's bias is showing.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Bruce Bowen on SC just told the Hakeem story he heard from Horry about Hakeem looking over and seeing Robinson with the mvp and saying 'that's my trophey'

favorable coverage this AM on various shows IMO

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And for all the irrational hate against Reggie Miller, he just picked the Rockets to win the series on the Dan Patrick Show.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

14. rocketurk

rocketurk Member

15. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I'm not sure of Watkin's past, but I remember reading his first few ESPN articles on the Rockets and he really didn't even seem like a fan. He showed almost no interest in the team at first.

16. kidnextdoor

kidnextdoor New Member

Hey anyone remember how much coverage LeBron's headband got at the start of second round.... Hey how about at least one ESPN analyst talk about how the Rockets make WCF without 2 starters, when was a last time that a team did that?

When Wes Matthews got hurt and the Blazers fell off a cliff thats all everyone could talk about.. I agree Wes is a better player than Baverly or DeMo, but DeMo is our 2nd most important offensive player. Baverly is the only point guard on our team younger than 36.

Hey ESPN I know there never has been a more despised trio of players than Dwight, Harden and Josh Smith but try to be an objective sports news organization. On the NBA Lockdown podcast after game 5 of LAC series (Link) when asked if series will go to 7th game Ramona Shelbourne said (@ 22:15): "Ugh god it better not go 7, come on now. Like first lets just close this out and stop wasting everybody's time. I think its um I'm kind of upset that there is even a 6th game cuz so far this series the Rockets haven't won a game its like the Clippers haven't finished them off"

How is any of that objective analysis? Given how Rockets were 6th best defensive team in regular season without Dwight Howard & Clips have long history of chocking in playoffs anyone would atleast say there is a small chance that the Rockets have turned things around and have a small chance. Shelbourne on the other hand thought that going back to Houston for game 7 was so ridiculous because the Clippers were so much better than the Rockets.

Yes Ramona Rockets fans hate you because you are not a Sports Journalist, you are nothing more than a super-LA fan with a big microphone.

Also in the same podcast (@24:30) Amin Elhassan and Ramona talked about how most media people don't want to get on a plane to Houston for a game 7, and how much easier it would be for them if they just had to travel between Oakland and LA for the WCF. Somehow I dont see them saying SA and Hou in WCF would be a nice series because its a nice 40 min plane trip.

Hey ESPN you are biased, I have no problem with that just admit it! There are 2 reasons why Harden did not win MVP 1) Noone outside of Houston likes Harden or the Rockets 2) Media loves the West Coast.

17. HtownRocket34

HtownRocket34 Member

National Media hates us

I love being the underdog...just makes it that much sweeter when we win. Go Rockets! Hopefully the defense we displayed at the end of the last series is there from start to finish.

18. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Ramona Shelbourn has the same body type as Arash Markazi.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in houston