1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On to the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wattafan, May 17, 2015.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I'm concerned with the Rocket's inconsistent perimeter D. They better lock in for most of the game. Curry and Klay just need a little day light to get open looks.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's the same reason why Kobe didn't guard certain players like Hamilton, because you don't want to have him chasing down players and expending that energy on offense all game long. Much better to stick a better defender on him and guys who will gladly do it.

Also, I have a strong feeling Bev will be back. Maybe won't shoot, but he'll be down for chasing guys all over the court I'm guessing.

He wasn't on Rivers that much though. I think it's good strategy, you play a guy to his strengths and don't have him play Defense on a guy just to prove a point.

It's like that time Kobe in his old Age tried to check Harden. Likely told his coach that he could do it and wanted to prove a point to Harden...it didn't go to well...man that feels like forever ago lol.

3. malakas

malakas Member

If it's Iggy I would put for sure Harden on him. Better be beat by Iggy lol than by Klay. Ariza could defend maybe Klay. Save Harden's energy for offence.
    Also they can do what Kidd did with Noah and just ignore completely Bogut on defence and have a player freelancing.
    Yes Curry will be a problem because the Rockets don't have anyone adequate to guard him at all.

4. malakas

malakas Member

It is 100% effort and focus. He can be a decent defender if he wanted because he has the athletic capabillities. He also seems to suffer from some lack of defensive awareness.
    But to guard Curry you need a great defender not just an average one anyway.

5. Flop

Flop Member

I agree Klay can't back down Harden in the post, but Barnes might be able to shoot over him and spin off him in the post. Still, I would much rather have that beat me than Steph and Klay. I hate the idea of Harden guarding a 22 year old player with young legs that's 3 inches taller than him, but if we can get away with Ariza on Klay and Harden on Barnes then it's worth a shot. I think Brewer is our best bet to guard Klay.

Did you see that pic I posted earlier how the Warriors lead in offensive AND defensive efficiency?

I'm glad someone else sees it. These guys have so many ways to get open and free themselves from the defense. All they need is a slither, a split second to get their shot off. They have really matured this season. Credit to Kerr as well.

6. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Deadly 3 point shooting team. They all move on offense & defense. We have to play our brand of Basketball. Limit turnovers, space the floor, if shooters have an open shot, shoot it.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

We are not going to shut Curry down. He is going to get his and some with his fancy handle and quick footwork. But we need to keep Klay in check. Keeping Livingston in check, to me, will also be the key. Other guys like Iggy, Barnes, Green, we have Brew, Ariza, and Smith to balance. We have an advantage in the paint with Dwight. We absolutely have to keep Livingston, Babolsa, Lee, those guys in check. Not gonna be easy, that's for sure.

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Can Bev be ready anytime soon?
    We need him to guard Curry.

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Silly to think Harden will guard anyone but Barnes. Terry will guard Steph and Ariza will take Klay. It's pretty straightforward.

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Yeah, I did. I guess I'm saying that being down 3 games to one of the best offensive teams should have somehow helped the Rockets someway. The Warriors are on another level, I agree and understand you're being realistic. Judging by those stats, the Rockets should just forfeit the conference finals, but I hope it's different. It's hard for me to believe that a team gets that good with a coaching change, but numbers don't lie. I'd like to think that the veterans on this team with the amount of experience they have compared to the Warriors can be a huge factor for this team.

For now, I'm just gonna enjoy this Rockets win since Western Conferences don't come around this town that often and worry about that later. lol

11. Flop

Flop Member

What do you guys think of this lineup:

Harden
    Brewer
    Ariza
    Smith
    Dwight

They will be forced to put Curry on Harden or Bewer. So he will either be forced to chase Brewer in transition or guard Harden (in the post with good floor spacing and cuts to the basket). Harden has to make an effort to get back and find Barnes in transition or he will be stuck guarding Curry (which doesn't sound as bad it does), and Brewer will have to find Curry/Klay.

There is no shame in losing to this team. I honestly doubt they will be able to keep this team together. They are too stacked. Draymond Green was second in DPOY voting and might get the max.

12. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This is what I would want as well

we can also move Smith back to the bench

13. nel00

nel00 Member

Everyone counting the rockets out in the warriors series but I actually like our chances. Playing the clippers with the best PF and great PG, being down 3-1and being beat down and embarrassed in games and still win the series has only helped the rockets confidence. The team is growing closer and playing great team ball. This team is finding their notch and jelling at the right time. The warriors have not been through a tough series and the grind and they have not faced this rockets team. The regular season don't mean crap. If rockets show the same intensity and play team ball they will pull it out. Rockets have to hit the warriors straight in the mouth in game 1 and take it from them, something like what the clippers did to the rockets in game 1. I say we take game 1.... GO Rockets!!

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Can someone find out how many combined finals games Warriors have played as opposed to Rockets? The Rockets player's have much more experience winning championships and/or playing in the finals. I'm not sure GS has a single guy with Finals experience.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The Grizz getting two against GSW with their beat up roster gives me a bit of hope

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We have our work cut out for us. Having to win at least once at the Oracle will be tough to say the least.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It's safe to say that you are correct.

Barbosa is their most experienced player by far and he has only been to the WCF with Nash's Suns.

Finals Appearances by Rockets:
    Harden
    Dwight
    Ariza (x2)
    Terry (x2)
    Brewer

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Dwight and even Capela should have more of a "field day" in the paint than they did against the Jordan and Blake. I think Howard is licking his chops and it will be much harder for the Warriors to defend the 3 point line now with Howard healthy unlike during the regular season...Clippers just found out how hard it was to do this

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The Rockets have to play their best games to have a chance. They are over-matched in almost every phase of the game, defense, offense, shooting %, bench depth, you name it. The only advantage they have is at the FT line. If they can get Bogut, and/or Green in foul trouble, then the Warriors will have to play out their convention, which will give the Rockets a chance.

I picked the Rockets in 6 against the Clippers, I'll pick the Warriors in 5 this round.

20. engr chris

engr chris Member

Looks like all media outlets are predicting a one-sided series in favor of the Warriors. Makes me more excited for this series! Lets go Rox!!!