1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who quit on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 11, 2015.

?

Did you quit on the Rockets during Game 4?

1. Yes - I quit on them. They do not deserve my time and support

35.2%
  2. No - I did not quit on them. I'm a homer for life.

53.5%
  3. I like to be self humiliated and I was just watching the game for the lolzzzzzzz

11.4%
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This team gave plenty reason to quit on them.

They were first team to have consecutive 25 point playoff losses in 25 YEARS. Thats HISTORICALLY BAD.

(And this isnt some #8 seed team in East who fluked their way in)

That said, because the Rockets take a somewhat irrerent approach, unconventional results can come with it, the bad results too

So I didnt QUITE quit because never know if there's an irreverent trick up the sleeve to make things interesting. Hopefully Rockets can carry over something to next game

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree. Its the ugliest playoff series I can remember watching. And we've had Van Gundy coached teams and faced Pat Riley goon squads in the playoffs.

#122 Shroopy2, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

What could be the reason for that? lol ...I like McHale as a person, even think he could be a very beneficial aspect to helping a team win a championship.... but as a head coach, with the staff as presently constructed, he is a detriment... a detriment we cannot afford..

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hope Clutch bans every single user who voted yes on this poll.

5. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

There is a time and place for everything. There will be an entire off-season to do your bashing of McHale and staff.

This is not the time...and it hasn't been for several weeks.

Only an idiot would change coaching staff in the stretch run or during the playoffs. The team would never, ever attract good players again...and would completely collapse.

The Rockets face the most important game of the season tonight. They deserve our support...not the continuous b****ing from folks who would rather see them loose so they can complain more about the coaching.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Did you catch the 4th quarter lst night? Detriment?

We lose that game without McHale's moves.

1 person likes this.
  7. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Look at all those quitters.

Shame on all of you for not BELIEVING

8. J Hard

J Hard Member

As a scarred fan of Houston sports my entire life, it was more of ''here we go again, I won't get my hopes up because the track record since the Championship years has been unclutch to put it mildly. So my fan card isn't revoked because of the product and results year in and year out, so fans get a pass for being realists about what is a familiar scene.

I am utterly shocked that we won, it's a shame Harden isn't to be counted on so much till a drastic benching is what led us to victory, really really sucks to see that development.

I'm just wondering how we play game 7 with James becoming so predictably unreliable? Does McHale give him another short leash if he stinks it up yet again? I sure hope so because the playoff Rockets are at their best when we play like the 09 Dwight centered Magic.

Playoff Dwight is the man you ride, not playoff Harden, just facts until consistently proven otherwise.

JH

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I wanted to quit I was so pissed off I couldn't take it anymore. But somehow I kept watching, something in me just kept me watching the game. And WOW, it was beautiful. I still can not believe they manage to comeback, best performance and comeback I have ever seen. I am still here scratching my head saying "did this really happened?". That was the best basketball game I ever seen this far and I am glad I stayed up and witnessed the whole thing. That was amazing!

10. baubo

baubo Member

What is considered quitting? I was following the game through game updates because of work. I mean, I did very much believe we were going to lose late in the 3rd quarter. I don't think resigning yourself because you believe the team would lose is somehow less of being a fan. After all, if the Rockets won every single time they get down by double digits simply because I believed, they'd have won several championships in the past decade.

I always have and always will root for the Rockets. But I also thought at one point that our season was over.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I quit. I gave up hope. But I watched game 6 anyway. Man am I glad I did.

I remember I said to myself, once it crosses 20 I will turn it off and go to sleep.

It got to 19.

Amazing. Just amazing. The most stunning thing I have ever seen.

12. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I quit on the Rockets after the game 5 loss. I knew they had the ability to win, but they had really not shown me any indication that they could turn this thing around. I have never been so happy to be wrong in my entire life

13. 757dstreet

757dstreet Member

I was right there with you Lou. Blake hits that ridiculous no look layup, and I'm like, let's shut it down. Wife calls out to me (I'm watching in the family room), "Just watch it in the room with me." Low and behold, we pull off the greatest win I've seen since T-Mac's 13 in 35, and my wife got an early birthday present.

I moved to Houston in '04. I wish I could've gotten here sooner. Love this town.

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I admit I felt like it was over at 19 but I continued to watch and when it got to 13, I commented to my friends '13 points, Still manageable. Believe.' and behold the greatest comeback I have ever seen happened.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I changed the channel when Dwight picked up his T and Harden started getting into it with Barnes. I thought we were losing our composure and the game/series/season was over at that point.

Started watching the David Letterman special I had on my DVR...but after a while, I just had the strangest feeling.....like I really should check in on the game..

Inexplicably switched back to find us only down by 10 and watched the rest of the game live.

Walking on air today!

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

It's a grey area, but I gave them no shot after game 4 but still kept watching because I'm a fan so call me what you want. They quit at the end of game 1, game 3 & 4 so they deserved to be criticised. Still, I watched because I knew they could beat the Clippers if they'd just put in the effort. I didn't know they could come back like they just did, nobody could, but I said from the beginning that we're the more talented and deeper team and we are.

17. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

But you quitted on the Rockets man.

You're a QUITTER.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I stopped watching game 4 halfway through the 3rd quarter because I could see the players just weren't focused. They had nothing going and threw in the towel

I watched every minute of game 6 despite being 19 down because I saw the fire and hunger in the players to come back. There was no sign of quit in them last night.

That's all we ask for - 100% effort

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

since we have a baby and we didn't want her waking up, I had to do some crazy quiet cheering lol...jumped up in the air not making any noise.

20. rocketblood713

I quit watching them in the 3rd but kept listening I was so SHOCKED they came and I'm still SHOCKED