1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland on THE GAME. Enjoy !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, May 15, 2015.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

So true. That is why all of mine are Apple.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

The only thing that would've made that article better if they had compared Brewer to someone, though I never seen a guy with a smile and no control of his limbs like him and compared Josh to Barkley (just look at that ESPN picture, very similar looks to Barkley when he was young!). The Rockets defense was key, like Phil said, just give Houston some ****ing credit!

3. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I'm glad to see mostly positive reviews of the game.

Quick question. Why do we get comments like the following:

"The Rockets went from detestable to life-affirming in minutes." - Danny Chau

What makes us so detestable? The only 2 things that come to mind was the Dwert debacle or that they think that our GM is the organic Ultron. Neither of which really deserve this much hate from the media IMO.

Also, if one thinks about it, the Clippers is undoubtedly the worst run franchise in ABA/NBA historically and yet we seem to be disparaged more. WTF is up with that? A simple revisiting of the past should tell you which franchise should be the most reviled for gross mismanagement.

4. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

zing.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Well I wanted to cry myself to sleep mid-way in the 3rd quarter... the 4th quarter was rather life affirming.

1 person likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It was a very funny column, but he should rethink a lot of that.

Harden is getting dogged too much. I really do credit McHale for going with the hot five but it's not unprecedented for a star to be out during a rally.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

• I thought James Harden was a viable MVP candidate. Turns out he’s a man with a beard sitting on a bench. I can find that in most public parks.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Game 6, 1992 NBA Finals. Portland started strongly as they held Michael Jordan scoreless for the game's first 11 minutes, and would take a 43-28 lead midway through the second quarter before Chicago went on a 16-7 run and cut the deficit to only six points. Portland also dominated the third quarter, building a 79-64 lead. Phil Jackson would go with four reserves and Scottie Pippen to start the fourth quarter, cutting Portland's lead to three after only three minutes. Jordan returned and had two steals and converted them to hoops to give Chicago a permanent lead. The Bulls' defense would hold Portland to only six points in the final four minutes, leading the Bulls to their second straight championship.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I agree, he just got over a cold, had a triple double last game to keep them in it, and had a strong 2nd quarter to keep it close going into half time. Great job Mchale, that he has the rapport with his players that he can sit an MVP candidate and nobody on the team thinks twice about it is amazing. Carlie couldn't even sit a bum like Rondo down for a second without getting death looks.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

[​IMG]

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really getting tired of the Harden bashing. People do realize Harden had the flu past two games and we don't win game 5 (which means NO game 6) without him right?

It's OKAY to have your role players win you playoff games. Lebron knows this all too well throughout his career.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice.

It was nice to see their owner stop with the "I'm high on skittles" routine on the courtside. :eek:

13. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Seriously, Kia Blake looks exactly like '94 Chuck.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

15. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I like the lack of any credit to our defense.

16. Rockston

Rockston Member

..QFT

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I thought Dwight Howard was composed entirely of farts and Skittles. Turns out he is Bill Russell.

I thought Corey Brewer and Josh Smith were Corey Brewer and Josh Smith. Turns out they are Corey Brewer and LeBron James.