1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The greatest Houston Rocket comeback ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Beautiful!!!

Graduate College and Rockets win Game 6 on the same day!

2 people like this.
  2. #1fan

#1fan Member

The last 14 minutes of the game was the best display of effort and energy by any team I have ever seen!! What an amazing finish!
    Hopefully this would carry forward to Sunday's game.

=======================================
    Team Power!!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for putting the real article about the greatest comeback

1 person likes this.
  4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

5. RedHotRockets01

I had to pinch myself this morning after quintuple checking the score just to make sure it wasn't all a dream! So proud of this team!

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nothing at all. D&D has remain unchanged while you were away.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

When they cut it to 12, I started hoping.

Then it became 10*, oh yes! Almost* single digits and they had a look about them.

The next few minutes my adrenaline was pumping as fast as the Rockets on the court!

Basically like this:

[youtube]OiUjb2HRxEY[/youtube]

#47 srrm, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Greatest playoff comeback in NBA hostory

9. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

wonderful writeup Clutch! My eyes were starting to water while reading. I too have family vacation plans I'm trying to put on hold to make it to game 7...

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Great article. I have a huge smile on face on this one for more reasons then one as you very well know. I also have the same problem as you. Was supposed to leave for Vegas on Sunday

11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

You know, I always have found Corey Brewer to be an interesting player.

I remember his college career at Florida. Two-time NCAA champion along with Joakim Noah. Made the rare decision (inspired by Noah) to return for a senior season and attempt to repeat as NCAA champions. Not quite as heralded as Noah was at the time, but I remember thinking that of all of Billy Donovan's players then, he had the most potential to be a special player.

Languishing in Minnesota for as long as he did, I was pleasantly surprised when the Rockets acquired him and he immediately seized the opportunity to play some meaningful professional basketball...the kind of basketball that he knew about playing in Florida. Sometimes not having the kind of success in the pros that you had in college is tough for other players to overcome.

Brewer's tougher than most seemed willing to give him credit for. And he has always, to me, had the skillset to be a vital player for anybody's rotation.

He's not a star player (certainly not like he was at Florida)...and he hasn't had the pro career of Noah...but he's the same kid I remember all those years ago.

Versatile. Tough. Smart. And willing to rise to the challenge.

And that's what you need from guys this time of year. All hands have to be on deck or the ship is going down.

It's going to be next to impossible to do anything with Josh Smith now except make sure he plays the lion's share of the minutes at the four. Not necessarily a bad thing, either. While Smith was spectacular in the fourth quarter offensively...he is and really always has been an excellent weak-side and help defender...it showed again how undervalued Smith can be because he's not a classic "pace-and-space" wing player.

These last two wins for the Rockets with Smith starting have shored up their defensive problems ten-fold...even to the point where Jason Terry in his dotage isn't considered a defensive liability anymore.

What is obviously most important about this win, to me, is the fact that a must-win game by the Rockets in the postseason, for once, had somebody other than the "stars" step up and account for themselves.

Been a little while....and there's still a ways to go yet...
    ...but it never gets old, does it?

TEAMS win.

We maybe have us a TEAM again...

1 person likes this.
  12. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

God. That's why He is so good. He answered Rockets fans prayers.

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

May I say He did not answer Clippers fans prayers last night?

Give the players credit, not the prayers.

1 person likes this.
  14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If the Rockets play their game, the Clippers do not have a decent shot to win the game 7. I always thought the rockets have a chance to win the game 6 since they did not play up to their standard. I saw the players playing hard in the game 6, not quitting in whole game except Howard for being stupid for a few minutes.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I noticed we attacked from start to finish of our rally. That's why our lead ballooned to 15.

None of our usual slow the clock down and shoot at the end of the shot clock. Maybe that change our game management.

That 5 was very long and quick. All of them looked to attack while Howard gobbled up our rebounds. We pushed the ball and moved bodies. Clippers didn't know how to defend us because we didn't just stand at the perimeter line.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't underestimate the experience of some of the guys on this team.

Howard, Harden, Ariza, Terry, Brewer -- all have played in NBA Finals

17. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

Great point, especially about Jordan covering Smith on the perimeter. The Rockets should do more pick and rolls with Smith and Dwight to force them to switch and getting Jordan out of the paint.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Last year we had players who we had to babysit

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I was at Florida during that epic b2b championship run so those guys are engrained in my memories.

The really big deal was Brewer came from a dirt poor family. The other guys had parents who had pro sports careers. So Brewer made a really big sacrifice and took a huge chance coming back for another season.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Don't underestimate the pressures of playing at Harvard, tinman ;):p