1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The greatest Houston Rocket comeback ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I didn't sleep all night

2. hahachui

hahachui Member

Delay the vocation :).

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This whole team was ready to lay down and die, J-Smoove had other plans.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great write up Clutch, that game last night was as close as I've ever felt to the glory days.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"How ya like them apples, Hollywood? Here comes Mr. Smith"

6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Can't stop watching the highlights...

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Still can't believe what I witnessed. They still need to close the Clippers out obviously in Game 7(I'd still give LA a decent shot of winning given how hard it is to come back from a 3-1 deficit), but no one can question the heart and toughness of this Rockets team. This is what we came to expect from the Clutch City teams. Even the ones who didn't win it all still had that kind of heart(remember that comeback from 20 down in the 4th against Seattle in Game 4 in 1996 to force OT?). This team has that.

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Amazing. One of those games that we'll never forget as Rockets fans. I was up here on the east coast, thinking 'man, another season-ending loss that ends with a whimper, ala 2005'. But this team dug deep and battled back. I don't think I exhaled until Smith hit that last three, bringing us up to 8. Whatever happens on Sunday, good to know we didn't go down without a fight.

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I was cussing out Mchale for Harden being on the bench. I was cussing at Smith for even looking at the basket from the three point line. Clippers where rubbing it in , thumping their chest every time they scored. I know the series is far from over but this might be one of my favorite Rockets game of all time. The Elie three , the Horry three comes to mind but its up there. I am proud of them. In the end I got cussed out by waking my kids up yelling on a school night but it was worth it.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eWWDH07LBlW/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

[​IMG]

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Never give up..heart of a champion!!!

12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I'll never forget that audible groan from the Staples Center crowd when Josh Smith hit that ridiculous step back three to put us up by 9. I still can't get over the sheer improbability of it all.

1 person likes this.
  13. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

it will be

The GREATEST comeback ever!

14. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Been following the Houston Rockets since '79. Last night was ultimately such pure joy. Glad to have shared the moment with the denizens of Clutchfans... :grin:

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I don't think you can count the number of times I've cursed Josh Smith. I just don't get the guy. Feast or famine with him. His lows can be so bad you forget the highs can be the highest of anyone.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It's an elimination game. Gotta throw the kitchen sink at them.

17. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

Band of Brothers
    [​IMG]

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FEAR THE BAND!

Win or lose on Sunday I'm incredibly proud and happy of this team. A team that last night in the third quarter I said wasn't ready for prime time. They proved me wrong and I am so glad to be wrong.