1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Thanks man!!!

2. Nero

Nero Member

I binge-watched the first three seasons, then waited breathlessly for Season Four last year, like everyone else, and this year my 14-year-old son binge-watched all four seasons leading up to this year. So we have been watching the new episodes together. Granted, it's a bit awkward in some of the scenes, with all the naked man-butt and full frontal babes, but that's ok, he has the good sense to cover his eyes and not get all weird about it.. hehe

And last night, when Stannis said what he said, I laughed, and he was confused, and I just said he is apparently now a grammar nazi.. lol

Anyway, I also started reading the books, I'm maybe halfway through Book One, and I think being this far removed from it, it's not spoiling anything from the show, and it is certainly filling in a few gaps. I like it, it's not dense, it's a good read. I would recommend reading them, and reading them from the beginning NOW does not seem to me to be messing with my experience of watching the series going forward either.

Enjoy!

3. Nero

Nero Member

I think he was referring to the Barratheon line, not the Lannister line.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VBbbHJWpUnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Next episode promo. Seems to be a lot of Dorne. I'm so ready.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yes. And Eddard later found that all of Robert's bastards had black hair while his "legitimate children" were all blonde. The Baratheon genes were able to take over the characteristics of all the children he had with other women. But not Cersei.

Jon Arryn had discovered the truth as Hand of the King, and this was his cryptic way saying it so that it wouldn't be revealed in the story until later when Ned solved the riddle.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just to be clear here...

There is absolutely no way Aemon would know if the theory is true. He was at the wall long before Jon Snow was born. If the R+L=J theory is true, R and L ran away together where she got pregnant and they both were dead before the world could find out. There's no plausible reason for Aemon to know. He was a great uncle to Rhaegar and was at the wall before Rhaegar was even born.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Is this all speculation and theory or...
    Are you're telling me that Jon Snow is half Barratheon and half Targaryen?!

Lawd!!! Mind BLOWN.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's speculation and theory

That said, it's a fairly plausible theory, but no one knows for sure if there is ANY validity to it because of how the last book ended and the fact that the Winds of Winter book hasn't been finished/released.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

Certainly not half Baratheon. He is potentially, maybe probably, half Stark half Targaryen.

What I don't get is why this would give him a legit claim to the throne as many people say. Seems to me he would still be a b*stard. Rhaegar was married after all.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well IMO

It would make him not only a Stark, which would give him teh support of the north (even as a b*stard) but it would also make him a Targaryen which would give him royal blood too. It would also set up a potential scenario where Daenerys would make her way over to Westeros and want to marry him because the Targaryen's tend to inter-breed and he'd potentially be the closest thing to family she has. Not only that, but if in the end Daenerys and Jon ended up "winning", that would probably make a lot of fans happy.....
    which makes me now think it won't happen. GRRM hates his fans and wouldn't want them happy.

I guess we're back at square one.

11. Xercules

Xercules Member

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Mature kid you've got there!:)

13. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I can't bring myself to hate Ramsay Bolton for some reason...

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if you play the GoT Telltale game, you can grow to hate him pretty easily

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I like him. Him and the Onion guy are my boys.

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lol you guys gave one of the biggest "theories" on those spoilers, wow!

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Game worthwhile?

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

What do we say to the god of elimination?

Not today.

1 person likes this.
  19. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Back to talking about the actual show, people!

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Real dilemma. Watch GoT on Sunday or watch the Rockets-hahahaha, of course the Rockets game 7. Let's crush the Clippers.