1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K. J. McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, May 9, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

Is lowering his price more important than having someone who can guard Clippers guards?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's out for the playoffs

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

He's been dressed in uniform the last two games that I can recall.

4. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I haven't seen that. From what I remember I think he fractured his wrist right before the playoffs? Not 100% sure, but I remember reading that somewhere.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

True. I was wondering why he was.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

McDaniels is legitimately injured. Hurt himself late in the regular season finale versus Utah. He's out for the playoffs. And even if he wasn't injured, I doubt he'd play over anyone who is currently in the rotation.

Also, while there is some benefit to be had this summer by lowering his market value right now, there is no freaking way the Rockets would knowingly hurt their chances of advancing in these playoffs by not playing a healthy player on their roster.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I saw him in warmups and he was dressed and wondered if he was close to getting back. Does anyone have a update on our injured players?

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

went to the games and saw the same thing that he was in uniform but possibly might just have to do with having enough players dressed? but i do remember the rockets ruled him out for the playoffs

9. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Before the playoffs started they said he was out the rest of the season. He was in street clothes for the entire Dallas series. But he has been dressed to play for the whole Clippers series so far. Not sure if he is able to play or not.

10. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think it even lowers his price. GMs are not like fans with goldfish memory. Especially when this is the year to spend all the money and lock up guys in long contracts.

11. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

i have watched in him warmups he never dribbles with his right hand or shoots hes not ready to play. Guess he could be a designated hack a Jordan player if we got super thin with foul trouble.