1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes talks smack to James Harden's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, May 7, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I just feel like the dude is a professional...regardless if his venue is a basketball court.

What kind of repercussion would I receive if I was giving a presentation at my work, my professional environment, and a female I was presenting to commented with "I don't like your idea" and I responded with "S*** my D***, B****"?

Same scenario: A women is saying something you don't like...in the form of maybe being booed and is responded to with a disgusting comment.

I couldn't think of a more offensive thing to say to a women. I am surprised he isn't getting more backlash from national media.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't buy the apology. The thing that makes it even more scumbaggery is that he's using his mom dying of cancer in a way to try and sound sincere. Even if he was sincere, he only apologised after confronted by Harden's brother. So, he wouldn't have apologised if it was just any other random woman?

Only straight up douchebags talk to women like that.

As someone who works with dying cancer patients on a daily basis, I find the above highly offensive- and I don't get offended easily.

Eff that guy. I hope he gets laid out in the first five minutes.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Apparently when he apologized he told her his mother died of cancer and he would never want to disrespect someone's mother" I liked how she basically said she understood with it being playoffs

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Did you post the wrong link? Why an acclaimed actor what does he have to do with this?

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but it's a very quotable line from his character in the show everyone was talking about on the last page. Right up there with....."you know my name.....go on say it..."

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When did this happen? If he did throw that punch, the fact that he's still in the league credits the league how much they do agree that Matt Barnes really is a scumbag.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Too bad we don't have a Bill Laimbeer type. Barnes would get laid out first minute of the game. We don't need any rotation players getting kicked out or suspended though...enter Joey Dorsey.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

What did Mrs. Harden do to provoke him?

-Stephen A. Smith

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Is it over? Yes, but I'm in LA and this is all they talked about that and even made a radio espn commercial (Steve mason) about flowers being given to James Harden's Mom for Mother's Day. I didn't find it funny, and I hope he gets decked. :cool:

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Let's be honest... Matt Barnes is the Cortland Finnegan of the NBA... You could whoop his ass and be starting the next game.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Atrocious behavior! The league should have some rules against this! Apology is not enough!

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I always predicted Matt Barnes would pick on Corey Brewer or Clint Capela. The 2 most vulnerable types on the Rox that Barnes would go after...

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Are there honestly people here wondering what Harden's mother said to provoke him?

What in Barnes' history has suggested he's the type of person who needs to be riled up before acting like a C-Bomb?

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

He is in our freaking house too? Expect hostility when you're at an away game that is a defining characteristic of college/professional sports. Players are expected to restrain themselves from reacting to crowds and their actions if inappropriate should be punished.

Not ideally comparable but Marcus Smart pushed a fan after the fan said some not-so-nice words...does that make being pushed justifiable? Hell no

A large man being physically unharmed from a shove and a women who is told "suck my d***, b****" are equally as shocking to me. Just because it wasn't physically damaging doesn't mean it wasn't harmful...kids could have heard for crying out loud.

15. houseofglass21

I hate Matt Barnes. He's a piece of trash. Looks like a gangbanger. I wish someone would flagrant 2 him really badly.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Matt Barnes has an ego and behavioral trait much like Aaron Hernandez or OJ Simpson. He would definitely kill people who just slightly pushed his buttons for no reason one of these days.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's kind of "racial" stereotyping dude. Judge people by character via behavior rather than looks alrite.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I think he is misguided. He is overaggressive and violent over irrational subjects. The dude will flagrant foul you to the point of injury if it meant him feeling slightly better about being blown-out by the other team. I believe anyone has the ability to kill someone else given a situation that breaches their integrity. I don't know Matt Barnes in real life; I think he makes more bad decisions than the average person but I wouldn't say the dude would murder someone in cold blood. He seems to care for his family (at least in his small documentary) and hopefully they prevent him from ever making too bad of a decision.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Definitely not Howard, he thinks he's Nemo.

1 person likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

No man, he really does look like a gangbanger. White, Hispanic, Black, they all look the same..... Like Matt Barnes.